Thread: EDC suspenders

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

EDC suspenders

Hope some more knowledgeable than me could help me with a dilemma I face when I want to EDC. Given my medical condition (my hips are slanted, so as such, I have no real 'hips' to speak of which to have a belt rest on. So as a result, even if just carrying phone and keys I need to wear suspenders. Curious if any LEO's know of any suspenders detectives plain clothes use.

I did do basic google search and found Back Defense Systems that has something that would work, but before blowing $200 would like to know if its good to go. Or if they know of any alternatives. I see other options, but something like this I want quality.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    High Speed Low Drag (HSLD) back in the day made some suspenders which were similar to the ones masakari posted. They were the bees knees back in the day.

At first glance, what I'm skeptical of the back defense ones with all of the adjustment points and connections/junctions/unions. I feel like it would print a lot under a shirt in a EDC scenario.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Howdy sir. What kind of belt are you wearing? Interface between “duty” suspenders and belt can be a little wonky due to width. Most duty belts are 2”-2.25” inches and attach with belt keepers made for that width. Attaching duty suspenders to a 1.5”-1.75” EDC belt will leave some play that I’d reckon you wouldn’t be happy with.

Are you also looking to wear the suspenders “open carry” or maybe under a cover shirt? Duty suspenders usually have a little bit of padding so they wouldn’t conceal very well.

I actually found a pair of black nylon suspenders the other day that would probably work pretty well for you, just maybe have to make some belt attachments with some onewrap or similar.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had some BFG SOC-C suspenders for a while, they were low profile and I like the shock chord on the back attachment point as it had a little bit of give when moving.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Howdy sir. What kind of belt are you wearing? Interface between “duty” suspenders and belt can be a little wonky due to width. Most duty belts are 2”-2.25” inches and attach with belt keepers made for that width. Attaching duty suspenders to a 1.5”-1.75” EDC belt will leave some play that I’d reckon you wouldn’t be happy with.

Are you also looking to wear the suspenders “open carry” or maybe under a cover shirt? Duty suspenders usually have a little bit of padding so they wouldn’t conceal very well.

I actually found a pair of black nylon suspenders the other day that would probably work pretty well for you, just maybe have to make some belt attachments with some onewrap or similar.
    I am using the Kore Essentials belt. I really like the locking system and get a much better fit compared to traditional belts.

I plan on CCWing, most notably IWB. I grabbed 1.5 Inch Wide X-Back Trigger Snap Suspenders to pair with MELOTOUGH Suspenders Loop Attachment. When I looked at the side suspenders really be ok for school but no go for ccw since the snap is right where I'd put the holster and as such, interfere with the draw.