Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BRT or BCM now or wait for Geissele?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own both a BCM ELW (2015) and a BRT MPR (2019).

The BCM is a good rack grade barrel. Has a red dot on top and always prints nice little groups when doing its regular 50 yard zero/check. That gun cycles great. Honestly never shot it at 100 for groups so I cant comment on its final precision.

BRT is a boutique barrel supplier. They offer some gas systems and lengths that a lot of other manufactures dont, and they put a lot of R&D into every single one of their barrels. If they have a barrel in stock that matches your desired specifications, I'd jump on one. From here out I will be using only their barrels when a gun is due for a new tube. Thats what mine can do with 62gr FMJ handholds. It's one of the very few barrels I have ever owned that will do "sub moa with FMJ all day" like all the internet commandos claim.

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Double Tap
    Last edited by turnburglar; 07-29-22 at 22:02.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I had a pair of ELW uppers I bought from them in ‘17 that cycled so hard they mangled the BCM and Colt firing pin retaining pins, and tore up rims on cases.

Since then I’ve been around quite a few BCM guns at work and I’ve made a pretty serious effort to shoot them side by side with whatever 6920s I have on the line and they invariably kick harder. Especially with heavy A5 garbage behind them. But most midlengths do.
    Thats interesting. My BCM midlength LW 16" seems to be a pretty soft shooter, but its not an ELW, obviously. I was under the impression (joined the church, actually ) that mid-lengths shoot softer than carbines.

I am certainly not doubting you (the opposite actually) because you can compare multiple guns and I can only base my opinion on my 14.5" M4 profile LMT carbine, 16" LW BRT Optimum, and 18" A2 profile rifle. My LW/ML BCM seems to sit in the middle of the pack, a little softer than the carbine, a bit less soft than the BRT or rifle (the rifle is also like 9# ).

To the OP, BRT would be my choice, based on my "sample of one" barrel, which I am very pleased with. It is very noticiably "flat shooting" - the muzzle/reticle simply does not jump around as much even running an A2 FH, and accurate. I put my money where my mouth was and bought a second BRT barrel (midweight optimum) and a BRT BCG, but have not built a gun around it yet.

Andy

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    OP-I'd go BRT. I've been happy with mine, and run a BRT barrel on my go-to build.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123