Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 LR 30.06

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Remington 700 LR 30.06

mated these seperates together a little over a year ago. Been hitting out to 300 yards pretty consistently.

Remington 700 Long Range in 30.06
    Warne 20 MOA Base
    Arken Optics 6-24x54
    20211120_165931-4.jpg
    Last edited by calicojack; 07-27-22 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thats pretty neat. I had access to a bunch of 1940s - 1950s American Rifleman magazines growing up and the 30-06 bull guns ruled the roost then, its nice to see a modern version. Hopefully you have access to a range where you can really stretch its legs

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-28-22 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Thats pretty neat. I had access to a bunch of 1940s - 1950s American Rifleman magazines growing up and the 30-06 bull guns ruled the roost then, its nice to see a modern version. Hopefully you have access to a range where you can really stretch its legs

Andy
    the goal is to take it to the milk jug challenge.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Better late than never, I have wanted to post & show off my 06 blaster for a few weeks but didn't have any decent pics of it until the other day. I came across this @ a local shop a few years ago & paid a little over $900 for it tax included. The receiver is from 1972 after some research and it was taken into the Remington Custom shop and built up from there as the story goes. It has been full blue printed & trued up then bedded into the stock, Hvy BBL, the bolt moves like silk through the receiver, it still has the remmy trigger in it but it's very nice, I never wanted to swap it out because of the bedding, maybe someday. Typically shoots lights out if I do my part, I have only had the opportunity to shoot it out to 600yrds but it does very well to that distance. Hopefully, I can stretch it farther someday but for now, I'm very happy with it when I bring it out.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I love this thread. I'll be shooting a 30-06 again pretty soon. Hoping to go up north and take a few critters with it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Better late than never, I have wanted to post & show off my 06 blaster for a few weeks but didn't have any decent pics of it until the other day. I came across this @ a local shop a few years ago & paid a little over $900 for it tax included. The receiver is from 1972 after some research and it was taken into the Remington Custom shop and built up from there as the story goes. It has been full blue printed & trued up then bedded into the stock, Hvy BBL, the bolt moves like silk through the receiver, it still has the remmy trigger in it but it's very nice, I never wanted to swap it out because of the bedding, maybe someday. Typically shoots lights out if I do my part, I have only had the opportunity to shoot it out to 600yrds but it does very well to that distance. Hopefully, I can stretch it farther someday but for now, I'm very happy with it when I bring it out.

What is the barrel length?

Andy

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    What is the barrel length?

Andy
    Hey Andy, I will have to check, I believe it is a 26-inch BBL. Looking at the pic it looks a little stretched out doesn't it, look @ The MB! MY buddy changed the settings on my phone & I think it looks a bit funky, LOL I'm going to the range on Sunday, and will double-check it!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Hey Andy, I will have to check, I believe it is a 26-inch BBL. Looking at the pic it looks a little stretched out doesn't it, look @ The MB! MY buddy changed the settings on my phone & I think it looks a bit funky, LOL I'm going to the range on Sunday, and will double-check it!
    I did not realize the barrel was Remington until I zoomed in on it, surely its not longer than 26". I think a combination of the front bag breaking the outline of the stock and the MB make it look longer.

Its a great looking rifle and a great pic!

Andy

P.S. 600 yards is long range to me.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-04-22 at 06:42.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I did not realize the barrel was Remington until I zoomed in on it, surely its not longer than 26". I think a combination of the front bag breaking the outline of the stock and the MB makes it look longer.

It's a great-looking rifle and a great pic!

Andy

P.S. 600 yards is long-range to me.
    Hey Andy, I went to the range today as I had hoped, I forgot a tape measure but used a dollar bill as an "unofficial" gauge & I put the BBL @ 24 inches. More info from the FFL I bought the rifle from, as the story goes it is a 40X BBL & the guy that had the rifle built wanted it stamped on there but Remington wanted another $150 bucks just for that option so he passed on it,LOL Here is the Base Plate as it does say Remington Custom Shop, pretty cool I think! In the grand scheme of things yes 600 is a decent distance & I shot it regularly for a few years but the range was "very" expensive & I ended up passing on it the last few years. What's interesting is that once you get used to shooting that distance it really isn't a big deal, ya can get dialed in pretty quick after a while, still tons of fun though! Also thank you for the compliment on the rifle, it is a beauty!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yeah, when I saved the pic so I could zoom in, I was momentarily as green as the stock (with envy of course). Then I realized I appreciate your sharing it and put the jealousy behind me.

It is a very crisp, sharp pic too!

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast