Thread: Emergency medication services?

Feedback Score

Emergency medication services?

I saw this ad on Instagram for a company that provides emergency medicines such as antibiotics, epi pens after a video appointment with their doctor.

https://durationhealth.com/

The price isn't cheap but may be worth it in a true emergency.

My doctor is reluctant to prescribe prophylactic medication, so this interests me.

Are there other companies that do this or have you been lucky enough to have your doctor prescribe meds like this for emergency use?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    This is a bit different than your PCP giving abx over the phone. This is like wilderness/austere medicine meets primary care. Some of those meds are no brainers to me--epi, imodium, etc. Antibiotics start to move into the gray. Prescribing them and taking them willy-nilly is how you get antibiotic-resistant bugs, but if you prescribe and give an algorithm that says "if 'a' and 'b', take med 'c'", I think it's probably OK. I know other meds in the austere med business who do things like this.

Feedback Score
    Another place to check for antibiotics is pet stores. Most antibiotics for people and animals is the exact same medicine. Just keep in mind, dosage levels. And expiration dates, if you're storing them long term. You don't usually need prescriptions for animal medicine.

Sent from my kukui using Tapatalk
    DK

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    Another place to check for antibiotics is pet stores. Most antibiotics for people and animals is the exact same medicine. Just keep in mind, dosage levels. And expiration dates, if you're storing them long term. You don't usually need prescriptions for animal medicine.

Sent from my kukui using Tapatalk
    Most pet stores lock that stuff up now and ask you specifically what kind of animals you need them for and what issues they're having. Tried to re stock on some expired items I had a few weeks ago and petco said they had stopped stocking them for that reason

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I saw this ad on Instagram for a company that provides emergency medicines such as antibiotics, epi pens after a video appointment with their doctor.

https://durationhealth.com/

The price isn't cheap but may be worth it in a true emergency.

My doctor is reluctant to prescribe prophylactic medication, so this interests me.

Are there other companies that do this or have you been lucky enough to have your doctor prescribe meds like this for emergency use?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Jase Medical is another company that does this, I was turned on to them by Dan Wowak from Coalcracker Bushcraft. Prices are similar plus or minus 50 bucks. One thing to take in to consideration is these companies will be very hesitant to prescribe if you have lots of health issues. Since its a virtual Drs appointment there is only so much medical information they can get, and prophylactic prescribing is a somewhat edgy topic. I know someone jase medical did not prescribe for due to being on various diabetic / blood pressure medicines. Just food for thought.