Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, are we in a Recession or not?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I remember when the media was continually asking Bush "Will you now admit that we're in a recession" before half the reporting period was even up.

Now they'll wait 6-8 months to call recession in order to protect their hero.
    I'm beyond asking the Media to be fair and impartial.
    They've cast their lot with the Democrats some time
    ago and I believe they will suffer the same eventual consequences. Look how the Cuomo brothers ended up.
    I'm concerned that we've got an awful lot of moving pieces going on and No Leadership.
    Biden refuses to allow us to be energy independent.
    We've got little or no idea how this year's harvest might work out with fuel prices and at the same time no one seems to be untangling the mess that is our supply chain.
    While I know such matters might take a single dedicated Administration a single year to fix, no one wants to point out that the POTUS and Democrats are clearly tearing things down rather than building them up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I remember when the media was continually asking Bush "Will you now admit that we're in a recession" before half the reporting period was even up.

Now they'll wait 6-8 months to call recession in order to protect their hero.
    I'm beyond asking the Media to be fair and impartial.
    They've cast their lot with the Democrats some time
    ago and I believe they will suffer the same eventual consequences. Look how the Cuomo brothers ended up.
    I'm concerned that we've got an awful lot of moving pieces going on and No Leadership.
    Biden refuses to allow us to be energy independent.
    We've got little or no idea how this year's harvest might work out with fuel prices and at the same time no one seems to be untangling the mess that is our supply chain.
    While I know such matters might take a single dedicated Administration a single year to fix, no one wants to point out that the POTUS and Democrats are clearly tearing things down rather than building them up.

Feedback Score
    We are coming out of the country basically being all but closed for business.

Then you combine that with most of the boomers into retirement or going there shortly, we were in for some rough times.

But then the Marxist thought they would poor gas on the small little fire that was starting to burn in the economy. So they dumped what was it 4T into the economy, creating inflation.

I wrote my Masters Thesis on Revolution and terror and effective ways to counter it. Before anyone asks can they read it, the answer is no for 2 reasons, first the military part of my education board classified it and second it isn't in English.

The bottom line is that there has never been a successful Marxist Revolution without first destroying the middle class.

Feedback Score
    I just keep coming back to the simplest of questions such as "could anyone, much less a group of people running a country, be so stupid as to think that the policies they're pushing would actually be good for the economy, the border, the education system, the stock market, travel, etc.?" The answer is really, "no." So the only other choice is that it's on purpose. I agree it's important for more people to understand that to them, we the common folk, the conservative common folk are the enemy and they clearly have no problem treating us as such. See those involved in Jan 6 vs the BLM rioters; see the political arrests made, if any, on their side vs the team of assaulters that showed to arrest Roger Stone; and more to those of us here, look at how they couldn't even speak about the kid who stopped the Indiana mall shooter without expressing disdain. By the definition used forever, we're in a recession; and it isn't an accident. Fuel pricing, food shortages, forgetting how to transport goods all of a sudden. Just keeps getting worse.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is a pretty unique time. I think the economy is in a mess whether it meets the traditional definition of a recession. It is weird to be in a recession in a country with a huge labor shortage---but then again we just finished watching the current president and his predecessor, and their enablers in congress, go on a money printing binge the likes of which the world has never seen. Combine that with the weird shutdowns in this country and in others and you just have a recipe for weird. If I had to bet money they will minimize everything until they get through midterms and then suddenly everyone will start noticing we are obviously in a recession.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Its a wierd situation.
    Everyone is trying to hire, and food pantries are running low.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    The bottom line is that there has never been a successful Marxist Revolution without first destroying the middle class.
    Correct. You cannot "build back better" without first tearing it all down. This is all by design and it is worldwide. They will create enough fear and desperation to the masses with the economy that most people will welcome the world digital dollar with the promise of a return to some kind of normalcy. That is when we are really screwed.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 07-30-22 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    By the definition of those who do it for a living and defined the term, yes. According to the current admin, no. Tough choice as to which to believe...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    My 401k and 457 have gone down 19% since January. I don't think that is because if Putins price hike or whatever nonsense this admin puts out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    By the definition of those who do it for a living and defined the term, yes. According to the current admin, no. Tough choice as to which to believe...
    If you believe a damn thing that comes out of the mouths of Marxist, then that is your issue not theirs. Will I am not picking on you, but the world has gone insane. I never thought I would live through a Marxist revolution in the USA, but here I am.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast