Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Haley Strategic D3 Belt

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That's what I ordered with additional QLS so I can use it for CCW also at least.
    Forgot about QVO Tactical, specifically their “secondary OWB”.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post

As a civilian I always try to remind myself that battle belts only serve as a convenience when training as they are not realistic in my day to day and I should focus more on conceal carry setup ups….that’s a whole other story. Honestly…I see people do pocket dumps and I have no idea how they carry all that shit.
    Pretty much this, I ditched the whole "battle belt" set up a long time ago. Either Im using my EDC/civilian belt or I have a set of party pants next to the rest of the kit with the accoutrement already attached directly to the belt or pants. If you have time to throw on a plate carrier and helmet you have time to change a pair of pants. With far less weight and bulk of a inner and outer belt set up.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-21-22 at 03:52.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    As a civilian I always try to remind myself that battle belts only serve as a convenience when training as they are not realistic in my day to day and I should focus more on conceal carry setup ups….that’s a whole other story. Honestly…I see people do pocket dumps and I have no idea how they carry all that shit.
    So think everyone probably agrees with this, and there is a point to be made that people are training for a civil war when they are more likely to get carjacked or run into an intruder in their work or home, but I think having a battle belt isn't a horrible idea. I trained a lot with Swat guys and they sorta emulate DeltaCagRangerSealRecon in some ways, and I am not a Swat guy let alone a ReconRanger, I was a POG Marine 10 years ago, but there is something to be said about training in a team atmosphere that a belt does lend itself to. I was in and around the George Floyd "mostly peaceful" riots, and had the Highway I was on shut down in a matter of minutes when I was attempting to get to my home. All of that showed me that having some sort of on body sustainment isn't a bad idea, and I can run out of my Vertx bag for most things but when I work wearing a dress shirt and slacks and have over 30 miles to get home, a few pouches on the belt and my hips to help carry the weight make some sense. Not that I would try to be overt with it unless the situation dictated.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Pretty much this, I ditched the whole "battle belt" set up a long time ago. Either Im using my EDC/civilian belt or I have a set of party pants next to the rest of the kit with the accoutrement already attached directly to the belt or pants. If you have time to throw on a plate carrier and helmet you have time to change a pair of pants. With far less weight and bulk of a inner and outer belt set up.
    I'd much prefer to have the battle belt ready to go if needed in a civilian environment, as well as it's one stop use for range, courses, etc then a dedicated pair of pants with similar set up. I don't have a helmet or chest rig, and such as this time and for me at least, those have less utility over all than those do.

I may add such things in the future dependent on emerging events and such, but I'm probably better prepared for realistic issues that could arise where I live in SHTF/civil unrest types of things, vs say full Road Warrior level stuff.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m just here to say that ordering down a size for an AXL Eclipse only works if you haven’t gotten fat. Looks like my wife is going to have a new belt.

That is all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234