Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haley Strategic D3 Belt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Proper velcro 2 belt systems don’t need one wrap or anything to keep them connected. One wrap itself sucks as the Velcro connecting the belts themselves because it shears too easily a la the BFG CHLK belt.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    No experience with the CHLK, and I won’t argue your point directly, because it makes sense.
    But: If I can use an attachment that is better than bare plastic when it comes to connection to the inner belt, it makes sense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Sgt, do you use Onewrap? Seems like that keeps the Velcro connection.
    Not yet, but thanks for making me aware of that. I've seen the stuff, I just didn't know you could secure pouches with it. I may end up using that eventually but I already have some Velcro links coming that can slide over clips and loops to try out first

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a ronin tactics belt and I’ve been happy with it. I’m also interested in looking at the AXL and defense mechanisms pouches and one of Kinetic Consulting’s dump pouches which you run in line with certain pistol/rifle pouches.

As a civilian I always try to remind myself that battle belts only serve as a convenience when training as they are not realistic in my day to day and I should focus more on conceal carry setup ups….that’s a whole other story. Honestly…I see people do pocket dumps and I have no idea how they carry all that shit.

ETA: This is my favorite everyday belt, stiff enough for carry and easily adjustable. I have 3 in difference to colors. https://www.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/conveyor-belt-32mm
    Last edited by rushca01; 08-22-22 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post

As a civilian I always try to remind myself that battle belts only serve as a convenience when training as they are not realistic in my day to day and I should focus more on conceal carry setup ups….that’s a whole other story. Honestly…I see people do pocket dumps and I have no idea how they carry all that shit.
    They don’t. There’s life. And there’s instagram.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I have a ronin tactics belt and I’ve been happy with it. I’m also interested in looking at the AXL and defense mechanisms pouches and one of Kinetic Consulting’s dump pouches which you run in line with certain pistol/rifle pouches.
    I swapped from a Ronin TF to the AXL Eclipse, and much prefer the AXL. Doesn't hurt that the AXL was substantially cheaper. The problem with the Ronin belt for me was that it was too stiff, and wore like a hula hoop on me, as I have a very small waist (~29"). The AXL has more flex, while still having great vertical structure, due to its Tegris construction. I would loved to have tried out the BFG CHLK belt, but the retention points would have ate up way too much space for me, and they still haven't released their non-retention version, so the Eclipse it was.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ETA: This is my favorite everyday belt, stiff enough for carry and easily adjustable. I have 3 in difference to colors. https://www.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/conveyor-belt-32mm
    Yes it is, and another thread... Battle belt is convenient for range, classes, and a quick option to put on in an emergency, not unlike having a BOB, etc. Unlikely it will be required as a civilian, seems like it's getting more likley these days.

Obviously, from a statistical POV, we civilians should focus on CCW set ups and handgun training, which I have for 30 years or so.

To me at least, does not mean that next level of options, which are statistically far less likely, such as a battle belt, AR, ammo, and possibly BA (which I don't own) is a bad idea per se. It falls under "better to have and not need ns need and not have" category.

I'd say again, people should train and equip in order of likelihood of it actually being a benefit in their own situation. Those civilians running around in full ninja battle rattles on ranges who have not practice drawing a pistol from concealment so many times it's a reflex, are (statically) doing it wrong in my view.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Yes it is, and another thread... Battle belt is convenient for range, classes, and a quick option to put on in an emergency, not unlike having a BOB, etc. Unlikely it will be required as a civilian, seems like it's getting more likley these days.

Obviously, from a statistical POV, we civilians should focus on CCW set ups and handgun training, which I have for 30 years or so.

To me at least, does not mean that next level of options, which are statistically far less likely, such as a battle belt, AR, ammo, and possibly BA (which I don't own) is a bad idea per se. It falls under "better to have and not need ns need and not have" category.

I'd say again, people should train and equip in order of likelihood of it actually being a benefit in their own situation. Those civilians running around in full ninja battle rattles on ranges who have not practice drawing a pistol from concealment so many times it's a reflex, are (statically) doing it wrong in my view.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yes it is, and another thread... Battle belt is convenient for range, classes, and a quick option to put on in an emergency, not unlike having a BOB, etc.
    +1, I have a few setup for after work IDPAish matches. I can go to work professional office and get to the range and click it on for 1-2 hours, then take it off and leave to go home. Very convenient and could be used for grab and go circumstances as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    “Battle belts” for most of us are for competition, classes where draw from concealment isn’t allowed (or based on po-po training), disaster preparation (lol), or play acting, or some combination of the above.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast