Thread: FN GP35

Feedback Score

FN GP35

Living in the French part of Switzerland, the GP 35 designation (Grande Puissance) is the one commonly used here vs HP / High Power

Anyway, took a couple to the range recently and decided to snap a few family pictures of all six currently living here

1944 German Occupation / 1946 Danish issue / 1952 Belgian civilian or police

1981 7.65 mm (.30 Luger) / 1979 Capitan / 1980 competition

Vintage with internal extractor

Modern with external extractor

The Capitan has a holster / stock

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very nice indeed, I love getting a chance to see how gun ownership is done outside the US.

Une question, mon ami-- on the Capitan, are the sight graduations for the various distances of any use, I mean, do they have some correlation to actual trajectory? They go to what, 500? 800? Do you have a place to test that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Very nice indeed, I love getting a chance to see how gun ownership is done outside the US.

Une question, mon ami-- on the Capitan, are the sight graduations for the various distances of any use, I mean, do they have some correlation to actual trajectory? They go to what, 500? 800? Do you have a place to test that?
    They go upto 500 m

And no, I’ve never shot it beyond 50 m, where it produced a nice grouping with the stock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    They go upto 500 m

And no, I’ve never shot it beyond 50 m, where it produced a nice grouping with the stock

Plug your ammo and sight offset numbers in to a ballistic calculator and figure out what your settings will give for a poa/poi offset at 50 yards like Novak does with an MG 08/15.

Kinda curious if the longer range settings would even be possible or if it would be over the berm or in the ceiling.

Feedback Score
    That's quite a nice collection of Hi Powers. Is the availability of variations similar to those found in the U.S.? For example, are 40S&W, 9x21 or the Belgian aluminum framed Hi Powers available in Switzerland?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    That's quite a nice collection of Hi Powers. Is the availability of variations similar to those found in the U.S.? For example, are 40S&W, 9x21 or the Belgian aluminum framed Hi Powers available in Switzerland?
    For 40S&W, 9x21 I have no idea since I am not interested in those calibers. I have seen a few aluminium frame for sale over the years.

Feedback Score
    Beautiful collection of Hi Power pistols---I was into P-35 pistols back in the day and had many---even carried a 1978 polished blue Hi Power with fixed sights for more than 12-14 years during the time I was managing gun stores here in Los Angeles California. Feed ramp altered to feed JHP by King's Gunworks and magazine safety removed by previous owner---nice trigger---very accurate pistol. Sold most of them---now have only two, the 1978 pistol and a rare FN marked (not Browning) pistol with the SFS trigger system factory installed---it shoots very well also...