Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub 2000 folks here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    By the way with a 9mn carbine like this especially with the longer barrel you can shoot static torso size targets at 100 easily shockingly easily and with good groups and that's with iron sights.

I have a close friend I've known since childhood. He has two children with disabilities and he is a sole income for his family. He wanted a firearm for self-defense but was having a difficult time justifying the expense of the gun and the safe and the ancillary equipment. I'm an advocate for guns but I'm also an advocate for safety. Even if your kids are the angels that you train them to be it's their damn no good friends they bring over that cause problems.

I told him if he would buy a gun safe I would give him a gun and some support equipment holsters mags etc.

He did so I did. I gave him a Glock 17. We went to the range. He really struggled with shooting a handgun. Really struggled.

I had brought my sub 2000 I let him shoot it things changed dramatically and he was drilling good groups at 50 yards easily and instantly. Not long after that he decided he wanted a sub 2000. At that time he couldn't find one and the prices were pretty over inflated. I gave him a good deal on one of mine. That's why I have four and not five. It went to a good home.

TED

Feedback Score
    Only reason to not put a RDS on one is that you cannot fold it, thus removing any justification for having one!

I have a 9mm Sub2000 (takes Glock mags) and if it wasn't able to fold then I wouldn't have it. Yeah, it's a Kel Tec so there's that.....but if you can make irons work and are comfortable with it then I have to say that it will easily fit into most backpacks, which is kinda cool. I'm not a big fan of pistol-caliber carbines but if this was the only somewhat *concealable* weapon you could hide, be it for travel or hiking, then it should serve you well as opposed to (and maybe in addition to) a handgun.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do agree that the fact that it folds is pretty unique and fantastic. I disagree that if it didn't fold it wouldn't have value. In fact if they made a sub 2000 that didn't fold I would still be interested. Especially the integrity suppressed one.

In my opinion if you want to fold it and used optics I think the red lion precision form is the best option. The mcarbo mount is nice but stands up too proud and bulky when folded. I personally wouldn't really consider the Midwest industries one.

Important note! If you're going to go straight pure iron sights and not mount an optic then I highly recommend the mcarbo rear notch sight and even more importantly the...

http://www.performanceservicesmachin...um-sight-post/

Then choose a front AR sight post of your preference. I like some of the round ball style front sight post like k&S makes. I would choose one that is as large as possible without being larger than the rear notch, dip it in some phosphorescent paint, zero the thing then by hand carefully paint the front half of it black.

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    … DO ANY OF YOU GUYS READ?

Just a few posts above there is a photo, a description and the name of a red dot site mount that allows the KT Sub-2000 to fold completely. Gosh you’re behaving like good little Liberals & spouting talking points without reading, lol!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do. I actually referred to the specific optic mount pictured. I do not care for the midwest mount. Nor do I like the Mcarbo mount. Red Lion all the way here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12