Thread: Aero threaded detent spring hole

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Aero threaded detent spring hole

I have an Aero lower that has the threaded detent spring hole. I have tried several times to get the spring in the hole, no luck.

What is the secret?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have seen 2 option. 1, cut the spring which i do not recommend at all. 2, fight with it til you get it in, for the second method buy lots of spare 4-40 set screws. Me personally, i launched 4 or 5 set screws and finally gave up and installed the spring normally.

Feedback Score
    The problem I am having is due to the threads in the hole, I can't even get the spring into the hole.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Not to insult you, but are you sure you aren't using the safety detent spring? If its the correct spring for the takedown pin detent, then the hole may be slightly out of spec or the spring is out of spec. Try using several different springs. If that doesn't work, call aero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Not to insult you, but are you sure you aren't using the safety detent spring? If its the correct spring for the takedown pin detent, then the hole may be slightly out of spec or the spring is out of spec. Try using several different springs. If that doesn't work, call aero
    I asked for help, you gave me a suggestion. Not any where close to being an insult. Also you were 100% correct. I swamped the springs and all is good.

I need stronger reading glasses.

Thank you so very much

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Glad you got it sorted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I need stronger reading glasses.
    Get safety glasses with magnifiers in them.

Had a friend recommend those to me and it was within a week or 2 of picking a pair up I watched a spring loaded part hit the lens instead of my eyeball.