Thread: Done with Geissele

Feedback Score

Done with Geissele

It really hurts to say this, because up to this point, the Super Duty series of rifles and upper receiver groups have been my go to and favorite rifle to date. However, what I discovered and experienced after my last shooting session has me rethinking that.

I was zeroing an optic on a 11.5” super duty upper sitting atop an SBR’d Geissele lower. During the process, I gotta weird malfunction/stoppage where the rifle failed to extract and then attempted to chamber another round also failing in that. I didn’t observe it too closely, cleared it and continued my shooting session with no further issues.

Upon returning home, while wiping down the rifle, I discovered that the ejector retaining roll pin had walked rather significantly, was telescoping out of itself, and had partly sheared off from where it made contact with the receiver extension.

This caused rather obvious peening around the pin hole on the bolt and left a nice gash in the extension. I decided to tap out the pin and discovered the most jacked up roll pin I’ve ever seen in my life. This thing was so obviously defective it was impossible not to notice. Neither end was even, it was telescoping out of itself, the seam was completely uneven. The words to describe how ****ed up this pin was escape me.

What pisses me off and why I’m done with Geissele is that someone there knowingly installed this pin. They picked it up, looked at it and then tapped it in. This was not a parts failure or normal wear. This was gross and willing negligence and disregard. And then to charge the premium they ask when they knowingly used sub par parts is beyond any forgiveness.

They can have this ****ing upper. Im done. If and when they fix or replace it I’m selling it and I hope to never be a customer of theirs again.

Feedback Score
    I'll gladly take if off your hands for free if you're done with it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hush; 08-23-23 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Done with Geissele

So first of all, unless forum rules changed, you’re required to reach out to the manufacturer and give them a chance to respond before posting something like this here.

Second, your post is pretty weak on info. Is it your upper? When was it bought? How many rounds have been shot through it? Those are the bare minimum, with ammo coming in close behind. Also, why not post a photo?

Third, while I remain a little skeptical about G rifles, it’s a roll pin. Yeah, it caused a malfunction and probably would’ve lead to more if it’s as described. But you’re making it sound like they knowingly engraved “**** you” on it. If it was truly installed that way (which I doubt you can prove), that’s a pretty small part and it would not be hard for an issue with it to go unnoticed.

ETA - also, you were praising your five G guns/uppers back in March. If you truly have that many, I’m not even surprised that you may have finally gotten one with an issue. I’ve had problems with a number of the major brands, it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-23-23 at 21:06.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yup - forum rules state you contact the vendor before a post of this nature.

After you do so, and they have a chance to post a response, we'll unlock it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When this reopens, please post pics of the pin and the resulting peening/gouging.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب