Finally got my new Geissele SD 14.5 upper in on Saturday and shot on first thing on Sunday (7/24/22) , put around 100rds down range and it seems to be very accurate right out of the box (shooting out to 50 yrds). The bluing or proprietary finish is a little different, as the upper seems Blue-Gray to the rail, which is more of a standard black you have with DD, SOLGW, AERO, etc. It is definitely a quality upper, everything seems like it was inspected and put together to the highest standard. It did come in a oily film of some kind that I wiped down upon opening. I was just shooting mixed 55gr (Armscor, Aguila, PMC). I put this 14.5 Geissele upper on an existing ADM complete lower that I've had for probably 4 years now, it replaced a DD v7 upper, which I really liked but felt that the 16" barrel with a Warcomp was a little long and unwieldy for a GP carbine. Obviously I need to shoot it more but it does feel like the weight is still there with the profile of the Geissele, but a shorter barrel and rail are noticeable when your pointing it. So shot the Geissele upper along doping my original DD V5 with a PA red dot and My 16" BCM ELW BFH upper on an Aero lower, all in all they all shot pretty well the Geissele seemed a little more pushy, not necessary punchy but my DD and BCM have the BCM Mod O comp and considering it is just a flash suppressor I guess I've been a little spoiled on compensated muzzles.
G5.jpg

Went back out with targets Sunday (7/31/22) and had a lot of trouble zeroing my Acog at 100yards, some 3 shot groups were well within 1moa and the others where well within 2-3 moa. Part of this is the fact that I tend to zero with a leadsled which my father in law currently has, and it was clear that my Acog with a kram mount and ADM mount needed to be loctited down further. I tightened them up as much as possible and shot some decent groups but not as accurate as I feel was possible from the barrel. The other issue was the ammo, shooting the same ammo can with Armscor, Aguila, PMC, and Fenix I think that they are all different enough to produce different results. While in the 230-300 rounds I did shoot I didn't have an issue at all with the performance of the gun. I want to zero the rifle to 62gr, or 77gr which I need to get out and buy a few boxes and post my results on each as well as I want to put on different glass with more magnification to help verify what accuracy I can expect overall with this upper as baseline.