Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about this Centurion's barrel chrome lining

Feedback Score

Question about this Centurion's barrel chrome lining

Good evening. I'm new to the forum but not the AR platform. I recently bought a new CHF barrel from Centurion. Looking at the muzzle, the chrome lining looks way different than my other chrome lined barrels. Almost like it's cut down.

In the pic I was wondering where the chrome lining ends, at point A or B? It's hard to tell because this chrome looks almost dull or grey but then you see a shiny ring at point B.

Just was curious as to what others may think. I appreciate any help in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Soloman2; 08-24-23 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Does it shoot??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Does it shoot??
    I just got it and haven't shot it yet.
    Last edited by Soloman2; 08-24-23 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    What length?
    Years ago, their 14.5s were cut down 16s

Mine shoots great

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What length?
    It's their 14.5" Midweight CHF barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloman2 View Post
    Good evening. I'm new to the forum but not the AR platform. I recently bought a new CHF barrel from Centurion. Looking at the muzzle, the chrome lining looks way different than my other chrome lined barrels. Almost like it's cut down.

In the pic I was wondering where the chrome lining ends, at point A or B? It's hard to tell because this chrome looks almost dull or grey but then you see a shiny ring at point B.

Just was curious as to what others may think. I appreciate any help in advance!
    Per the print, the chromium plating can end anywhere between A and B. The plating will fade out, there will not be a hard demarcation line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Per the print, the chromium plating can end anywhere between A and B. The plating will fade out, there will not be a hard demarcation line.
    Thank you for that information. One more question, I've always seen shiny chrome in bores and chambers(like my DD, LMT and Bushmaster), is there a reason this chome appears much duller? Just a duller type of chome plating? It just doesn't look like the chrome lining I'm used to seeing typically.
    Last edited by Soloman2; 08-24-23 at 23:06.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloman2 View Post
    Thank you for that information. One more question, I've always seen shiny chrome in bores and chambers(like my DD, LMT and Bushmaster), is there a reason this chome appears much duller? Just a duller type of chome plating? It just doesn't look like the chrome lining I'm used to seeing typically.
    That dull layer is Monty's secret sauce that he applies to every barrel. If you know, you know lighter stronger no compromise...or is that another company. Too many CHF barrel offerings these days I get them confused .
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 08-25-23 at 05:20.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    That dull layer is Monty's secret sauce that he applies to every barrel. If you know, you know lighter stronger no compromise...or is that another company. Too many CHF barrel offerings these days I get them confused .
    Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    I just put one of their 14.5 barrels in one of my rifles. Probably the most accurate AR I have in the safe right now. And gassed perfectly. Add the pinned and tabbed gas block on top of it and its bomb proof. I don't think I would worry too much about what you are seeing. And if you do have questions, give them a call. They are super helpful and friendly and will absolutely take care of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast