View Poll Results: What range do you mostly shoot at?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 25 yards

5 6.41%
  • 0 - 300 yards

42 53.85%
  • 25 - 200 yards

26 33.33%
  • 200 - 800 yards

5 6.41%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: What range is most of your shooting at?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Poll: What range is most of your shooting at?

Something I've noticed within the AR community is the style of shooting you do can dramatically influence what you look for in a gun. I thought it would be interesting to throw up a poll to see what distance most folks are shooting at. Obviously the types of range facility you have access to is a big determining factor, as well if you run NV or other accessories.
    Last edited by TBAR_94; 07-31-22 at 22:55.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Shooting at extended ranges in KS is difficult. Unless you know someone with a farm who's willing to have you out for a day, and probably shoot with you at the same time, there aren't any public spaces to go beyond 100 yards in south central KS. There are two ranges operated by the state wildlife department within driving distance of where I live, and both are limited to 100 yards static shooting.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In my youth I shot at much longer distances, but that is no longer possible at my accessible ranges in the NE.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Rifle shooting, 200—600 yards. This is a big reason why I mostly shoot 7.62 NATO, don't have many SBRs, don't chase every ounce, or care about pumping YouTube influencer quantities of ammunition into IPSC A-zones at 25 feet.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a place in "Flint Hills" (KS). We shoot to 1200 yds. on occasion (but not with 5.56 ARs), our biggest hurdle is juggling LIFE to get out and do it.
    The majority of my "AR" shooting is from 7 to 75 yds.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I'd say with AR's 90% is 100 yards and in, 10% 200-300 yards.
    I'd like to go further out some days, but in Northern Virginia there aren't many places to stretch out.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Shooting at extended ranges in KS is difficult. Unless you know someone with a farm who's willing to have you out for a day, and probably shoot with you at the same time, there aren't any public spaces to go beyond 100 yards in south central KS. There are two ranges operated by the state wildlife department within driving distance of where I live, and both are limited to 100 yards static shooting.
    Yep. That's why it is great to have family with property that aren't terribly far away. Otherwise, it's pretty much indoor ranges or a few 100-yard ranges at best.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    LONG-range practice for life in the urban cessmaze is not practical - too many terrain features, buildings and in the hills of Pittsburgh, 200 yards IS a long-range shot, even from a rooftop.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    These poll options are strange.

What if we shoot equally at 25y, 50y 100y, 200y, and 300y?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I voted 25 - 200 yards, but most of my shooting with rifles is between 50 and 100 yards. I do have the ability to shoot out to about 250-ish yards on occasion, as I live out in the country on 23 acres.

I think if I had to use public ranges to go shoot I probably never would have gotten into guns as much as I have.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast