Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally did it. My " perfect " gun

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Finally did it. My " perfect " gun

Well after a few years of playing around with several different configurations, barrel lengths, the whole 9 yards, I finally got my AR dialed in to where it fits my needs perfectly. Heres the specs.

Upper
    Colt cage code upper
    Colt 6921 bbl, shaved FSB
    Colt BCG with forward controls sotar cam pin
    Midwest Industries nightfighter 13.5 handguard.
    Sprinco extractor / ejector springs
    Radian Raptor ambi CH
    VG6 precision delta 5.56 extended FH, pinned.
    Magpul Mbus pro back up irons

Lower
    Colt sporter lightweight that I've had forever
    Standard colt LPK and FCG
    Geissele maritime bolt catch
    Vltor a5 with green spring and a5h0 buffer
    Vltor emod buttstock
    Magpul k2 grip
    KAC enlarged trigger guard.

Vortex Razor 1-6 with JM-1 reticle in ADM 1.93 mount

Pic attached below, couldn't get it to upload direct so imgur it is

https://imgur.com/a/CqrBmfI

Runs like an absolute champ, about 1200 rounds down the tube with zero malfunctions shooting m855 and m193. Using 77 gr. Match loads and good glass, its printing about .8 moa at 100, with RDS and standard loads i get about 1.5 moa. Couldn't be happier with this build. Now time to sign up for more classes and run the piss out of it.
    Last edited by danieljmaunder; 08-10-22 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    N/M, RIF.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Sub moa is with magnified optic and match ammo, with rds it shoots 1.5, 2 moa. For the trigger, its had a LOT of rounds on it so its very very crisp.
    Last edited by danieljmaunder; 08-02-22 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you for not claiming it shoots tiny groups with generic ammo. In the big scheme of things, you didn't bother to post a picture and just geeked us with boring specs. Post a pic so we can see what she looks like !!!! Especially because I want to see what this build looks like without a rail or handguard....

ETA- Just giving you a hard time about the specs, but seriously, post a pic!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thank you for not claiming it shoots tiny groups with generic ammo. In the big scheme of things, you didn't bother to post a picture and just geeked us with boring specs. Post a pic so we can see what she looks like !!!! Especially because I want to see what this build looks like without a rail or handguard....

ETA- Just giving you a hard time about the specs, but seriously, post a pic!!
    I'll try and get a pic posted tonight, totally forgot to add what handguard I was using! Running a midwest nightfighter 13.5. Occasionally mount an MFAL for nvg shooting so I went with the midwest nightfighter cause it gave a good balance of lightweight and rigidity for when I do mount a laser. Just ordered my Razor 1-6 so now just waiting for that to come in to round it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NOT MY PIC, JUST HELPING SOMEONE OUT

danieljmaunder- I cropped your feet out, stuck your user name on it, and rehosted it on my Tumblr slice of heaven. Its easy to do posting off them, or at least it is for me. If you DO NOT want it done the way that I did, or you dislike me rehosting it for you, I will of course delete it. I am very aware that you own the copyright to your image.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Much appreciated stickman!! I suck with technology l

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looks like a nice clean rifle! Depending on your intended purpose I'd only add a sling and a light. How do you like the MI handguard?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGoose View Post
    Looks like a nice clean rifle! Depending on your intended purpose I'd only add a sling and a light. How do you like the MI handguard?
    I have a PLHv2 and a vtac sling on the way to finish it off, for the handguard I'm really happy with it. Its the nightfighter handguard, and its pretty dang ridgid. I loaded it up with a bipod and did some barricade shooting and didn't notice any major difference with the laser mounted. If you're not running a laser on your rifle 100% of the time ai think its a really really good handguard. Ridgid enough to hold zero with the laser, but very light and slim. That was the main reason I went with it over running a pic rail like an RIS ii or something similar.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Looks like a good general duty carbine!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast