Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pocket Guns: Please School Me

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Moot point though because there's just really no reason to ever carry one,
    There is a niche of jacket pocket carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    There is a niche of jacket pocket carry.
    Why wouldn't you choose an LCP, though? Or even a G42/G43 in a pocket holster?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The ability to shoot from within the pocket without jamming.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The ability to shoot from within the pocket without jamming.
    Oh gotcha. Yea I had kind of forgotten about that. I do recollect hearing about that before, and I suppose it's more valid than ever since the legal environment is stricter than ever before when it comes to prophylactically drawing your pistol.

The only fatal flaw I see is for people who live in climates where you can't wear a jacket most of the year. If you lived in a place that was cool the majority of the time I could see that being a good strategy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    That is a constant issue for .32 ACP owners. There's not that many choices to begin with, especially for ball. I ended up going with Fiocchi. It's full power, and the reviews are consistently very good for it. The only major shortcoming is I don't believe the primers are sealed, so if it's exposed to moisture you have to shoot it up and replace it. It's very affordable, though, so you can use it as your range ammo, as well.
    From my P32 American made FMJ averages about 750 fps, Fiocchi 850 fps. S&B a little more, but the P32 occasionally fails to ignite one. It won't set off a CCI primer sometimes, too.
    So yes, Fiocchi is the way to go.

I don't carry the Beretta 81FS much anymore but I carried it with the S&B because it's never failed to fire anything and they average just over 1000 fps from that gun. Fiocchi is closer to 950 and American made ammo between about 850.

Geco has a rep for being hotter just because it's made in Europe. (Hungary I think) it's not. It ties with Blazer for the slowest. Under 750 fps from a P32 and under 850 from the longer barreled Beretta M81. Hard primers, too, like the S&B.

Feedback Score
    A bonus to the pocket revolver (or ISWB) is the grip.

You can't really "misgrip" a revolver if you need to snatch it like you can an auto, especially a small auto. Grab a small auto wrong and after the 1st shot you're almost certain to have a malfunction to clear from that little gun.

Not a problem with a revolver.

As mentioned, a revolver is slicker to come out of a pocket unless compared to the smallest of auto's, which can do as well.

I've asked guys who carry a G43 or similar sized gun in a pocket to demonstrate drawing it while moving off-center or from a slight crouch or both (a natural response to attack) and majority of them find out how slow it can be and normally have those guns hang up in the pocket. Even if they start with their hand on it.

Granted, many people don't consider how to shape their hand when going for the pocket gun, how to grab it, and typically have sub-par pocket holsters or none at all.

As for the .38 recoil, yes, the lightest guns are a bit too light, and people often choose hotter ammo. Lower-recoil ammo helps, .32 Magnum helps, and a better-shaped frame with a much better trigger (Ruger LCR) helps.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-06-22 at 06:59.

Feedback Score
    Pocket gun...only time I use one is when out walking the dogs/quick errand to run, toss a S&W 360PD in pocket and good to go, easy, reliable, and fairly capable round. Had and sold LCP's/Beretta .38/.32/.22, glock 42/43 didn't really work well in pocket holster, sold them as well. Small DA/SA revolver works for me; for other's maybe/maybe not.
    Last edited by drsal; 08-06-22 at 11:03.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567