Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Guns: Please School Me

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I prefer to not go below 9mm.
    Absolutely.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I use a S&W 442 for a BUG in a Mika pocket holster. You want a holster for 1) to keep the gun consistently positioned 2) break up the outline of the gun and 3) you will destroy the pocket over time without a holster. I'm not into mouse rounds so .38spl & 9mm are go to cartridges. It is loaded with 38 Special +P 135gr Gold Dot. I prefer the shape of a hammerless J-frame over a squared off shape off and auto when drawing from my front pocket, it feels less prone to snagging.
    Friends don't let friends CCW anything below 9mm.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I prefer to not go below 9mm.
    Yes… BUT

Don’t let that keep you from carrying something. Or keep carrying a gun you don’t shoot well.

The PM9 is a nice sized gun, but I didn’t shoot it very well. A snub revolver fits well in a front pocket, but I don’t see myself having the time to train enough with it.

The Shield I shoot well, though it is larger than pocket sized to many. If I had to pocket carry (I don’t) then I would consider other smaller 9mm guns first, then training with a revolver or a smaller caliber second.

Feedback Score
    If you stand up to pee a .38 or .357 j-frame revolver or a 9mm semi like a shield, 365, g43 will work.

If you sit down to pee a .380 or smaller is for you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    If you stand up to pee a .38 or .357 j-frame revolver or a 9mm semi like a shield, 365, g43 will work.

I tell those who sit down to pee to carry 9mm too actually.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had a very positive experience with the Keltec P32. It's reliable with FMJ (don't let anyone tell you .32 HPs are acceptable; they are NOT), and it's very comfortable to shoot. The P380/LCP hurts to shoot, so I would not recommend it. If you're not comfortable with .32 ACP, probably step it up to the G43.

I use the P32 with the side clip. I clip it onto my waistband when wearing gym shorts, when I can't conceal anything bigger. The loaded weight is just light enough to be comfortable carried that way, with nothing but the drawstring on gym shorts holding it up. Anything heavier (like the P380) and it's going to be too uncomfortable.

It's also surprisingly shootable. Even though it has nonexistent sights I can still make pretty good aimed hits with it. I painted the front sight white, and that helped a lot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Although you kid, .380 and down are truly pathetic cartridges. I'm sure some putz can cite a rare example of 380/32acp being lethal, but man.... people are setting themselves up for a bad day carrying a weapons that weak.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    (don't let anyone tell you .32 HPs are acceptable; they are NOT)
    Agreed. Probably better off with a strong pepper spray.
    Last edited by markm; 08-02-22 at 16:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Glock 43 would be my next choice but I haven't yet found a holster I like. Two extra rounds in the gun and a loaded mag in the offside pocket would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I'd add a G43 to this method of carry. I'd never carry one without a holster. It's mandatory.

Anything even marginally larger than a G43 and I'd rather carry on the waist somewhere & there really needs to be no other option. Also, anything double stack I find too large (and typically heavy) for a pocket.

I've never been a J-Frame person, but for this type of application it has its merits.
    I have a G43, but find it a little large for my front pocket. You guys talking about G26, Shields, etc must have bigger pocket than I do.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Oh man my wife, who also used to chase terrorist would bounce off the ways if I told her that. Her carry gun is a cZ P07 full house Cajun gunworks.

We were at a social setting and an other guest a male who new nothing of our backgrounds, said something stupid about gunfighting . My wife replied that she hoped nobody was taking him serious because what he just said would get you killed in a gun fight. He got all pissy and wanted to argue our hostess, a friend from back in the day in Israel walked over and asked the guy how many gun fights have you been in ? He replied none . She then turned to my wife and using her nickname from back in the day "little lamb how many gun fights have you been in"? My wife replied are you asking gun fights with bullets going both ways or just how many terrorist I have killed? The hostess then turned back to the guy and told him if either one of them gives you any advice on gun, fighting , terrorism or war, pay attention.

The guy was silent for the rest of the night.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have a G43, but find it a little large for my front pocket. You guys talking about G26, Shields, etc must have bigger pocket than I do.
    Depends on the pocket and its overall depth.

A G43 definitely fits some pockets, unless your wardrobe consists mainly of skinny jeans and PT panties.

Then again, it helps that I'm built just shy of Sasquatch, so YMMV.
    Last edited by mizer67; 08-02-22 at 20:56.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast