Thread: FN GP competition

Feedback Score

FN GP competition

Another gun I bought a year after seeing it. I saw it at the LGS but someone had already bought it. The thing went full auto on him and he didn’t like the experience so he brought it back for a refund.

LGS had it repaired by a renowned gunsmith and I bought it last month for $ 990.-. It’s missing the two screws for the barrel weight.

I kinda like the flat grey parkerizing, very businesslike

No box, but the manual

25 m range, the gun works fine

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Cool pistol.
    I never cared for the “Beer Can” Rear Sight. They were capable of good accuracy/precision however.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Very nice pistol---I don't have one, but somehow I have the manual for one...!

Feedback Score
    Hello,

You have a very nice GP Competition Model that was produced in 1980, and since it's an earlier GP Competition Model, it's probably early enough that it takes the Large Diameter Counterweight Screws (M6x1x10). FN later went to a smaller, M5x.8x10 Flat Head Socket Cap Screw. You should be able to find either size at ACE Hardware, etc. Midwest Gun Works has the Large Screws in-stock https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/PO55818L

BTW: The adjustable rear sight on the GP Competition is NOT the one that's commonly referred to as a "Beer Can" - the so-called beer can adjustable is the one that was used prior to FN switching to the Italian Made LPA rear sight for use on the Standard Model HP w/adjustable sight.

Edited to Add: I just saw in another GP35 thread of yours that you're in Switzerland, so you'll know best what hardware stores there will have the size screws you need.

Good Luck,
    Last edited by Bob Reed; 08-27-22 at 19:43.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.