Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blowback PCCs and Cans, and Blowback

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For a multipurpose 9mm subgun suppressor that can also handle non-SBR rifles, the YHM R9 is really solid.

It has a 16" minimum length restriction on 556 and 308, but seems to beat out the MG7k 358 on all other metrics.

It's a little shorter, 2 ounces lighter and has 2 more baffles, which helps reduce sound with 9mm.

R9 gas blowback does not seem to be an issue on blowback AR9s we've used with 4" to 8.5" barrels and appropriate buffer weights.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    For a multipurpose 9mm subgun suppressor that can also handle non-SBR rifles, the YHM R9 is really solid.

It has a 16" minimum length restriction on 556 and 308, but seems to beat out the MG7k 358 on all other metrics.

It's a little shorter, 2 ounces lighter and has 2 more baffles, which helps reduce sound with 9mm.

R9 gas blowback does not seem to be an issue on blowback AR9s we've used with 4" to 8.5" barrels and appropriate buffer weights.
    This is good to here. I just bought one for an m/11, and it will double-duty on my 16".
    I had a rev9 on the machinegun and am hoping the increased volume is beneficial. I was back and forth with the mg7k for a while.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a side by side comparison on 8" barreled PDW uppers.

YHM R9 on top
    REX MG7k on bottom

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This is good to hear. I just bought one for an m/11, and it will double-duty on my 16".
    I had a rev9 on the machinegun and am hoping the increased volume is beneficial. I was back and forth with the mg7k for a while.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have an R9 and a Ghost M 45, so not really fair comparisons. I use the R9 on both blowback and roller delayed blowback AR9s, but not on pistols, its big, a bit over 1.5". I am super impressed with this little guy, dont regret it at all vs the Ghost M, which I use on handguns. Would buy again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    I have an R9 and a Ghost M 45, so not really fair comparisons. I use the R9 on both blowback and roller delayed blowback AR9s, but not on pistols, its big, a bit over 1.5". I am super impressed with this little guy, dont regret it at all vs the Ghost M, which I use on handguns. Would buy again.
    Makes sense. I live my rev 9k on my pistol. Even today Id probably buy the same thing (or similar). It just doesnt seem to be the best choice for a MG or PCC youre going to shoot fast. R9 looks to be about a year out *cry-smile.jpg*
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-30-22 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My AR9 pretty much has my Dead Air Odessa on it all the time. Picked it up because it actually fit under the handguard (and it will be cool when I get around to threading my .32 PP and Nagant revolver). I run it with all the baffles, which does a good job with suppression.

I get a little gas when shooting Winchester Ranger 147 grain… but I also have an 11 ounce buffer. I did pick up a GasBuster charging handle, but haven’t shot with it yet.

I am hoping to get some extra cash to pick up one of the Century AP5s, which I would like to SBR. If I go that route, I’ll probably get a 3-lug setup for my Bushwhacker 46, and then put the 9mm end cap on. I could just use the Odessa with direct thread… but why if there is a 3-lug already there. Roller delay will also cut back on gas to the face.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    R9 shows in stock at Capitol Armory
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    R9 looks to be about a year out *cry-smile.jpg*
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So, for you, having both 9mm and .45 cans of similar design, and a 9mm blowback host, if you currently only had a .45 can for that host, you’d find it worthwhile to get a 9mm can? If there’s no increase blowback and its quieter, I can’t see a downside, and I could use the MG7k .358 on rifles, too. The scenario I’d want to avoid is one in which its quieter at the muzzle, but poppier at the ear and gassy.
    Is I been able to ‘try before you buy’ I’d have never bought a 45 suppressor, even for my 45 guns.

While not looking for it I noticed no difference in blow back. I did notice a difference in sound suppression. The 45 suppressor is also much larger.

9mm and .22lr have been the most fun with a suppressor. I have a Walter p22 with a Q el Camino and it’s movie quiet and tons and tons of fun. I could shoot it all day. On the flip of that every time I shoot my Mark23 with the AAC Tirant 45 I’m disappointed and don’t understand why people think 45 is so awesome suppressed.
    My Glock 17 with the AAC tirant 9 is fun too. On the APC9 it’s amazing! So if I had it to do again I like to have the Tirant 9m and an Omega 9k instead of the Tirant45. I don’t like having to switch back and forth between the booster and tri lug.

I bought the Tirant 45m for my Mk23 and as a second can for my 9mm guns, because the internet says it’s just as good. It’s not, I’m my experience that is totally false and 45 suppressed sucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    R9 shows in stock at Capitol Armory
    For the form4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12