Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blowback PCCs and Cans, and Blowback

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Blowback PCCs and Cans, and Blowback

I do a lot of shooting with a 12” straight blowback PCC AR with a Rex Silentium .458 MG7k. For comparison, I have or have access to, mostly .45 pistol cans, and a Dead Air Odessa. I have a pair of CGS MOD9s in purgatory, which does me no good. In other words, I don’t have much basis of comparison on this type of host.

Anyway, the .458 can does a pretty good job, but I sometimes find myself contemplating getting a 9mm twin, or perhaps something else along those lines. For better sound suppression, not that its really needed.

So my question is this: would a 9mm MG7k just increase blowback, making the gun dirtier and louder at the ear? Or is 9mm low pressure enough that that’s not a thing? Would the calculus change if the host was a radial-delayed blowback?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    In theory, the delayed blowback would help a lot because the pressure can drop before the chamber uncorks.

A heavy bolt really helped cut blowback in my m11, though im sure ROF was a big factor as well.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm the opposite. I only have 9mm cans so I cannot tell you what would happen.

I have a 45 can in jail for about a month now - so if you give me 5-6 more months I will be able to compare apples to apples on a B&T and an SMG.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'm the opposite. I only have 9mm cans so I cannot tell you what would happen.

I have a 45 can in jail for about a month now - so if you give me 5-6 more months I will be able to compare apples to apples on a B&T and an SMG.
    When I get back, we’ll have to do some testing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Delayed blowback would probably help way more than going to a 9mm can. Can't say for sure cause I run a 45 can myself.

My 9mm AR had a ton of ejection port bark at first (JP SCS Buffer with all tungsten weights). After a bit of experimenting I ended up using a 12 ounce buffer to quiet the ejection port noise. It seems to slow the blowback "just enough". Kind of a "just add more mass" delayed blowback system.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't really notice any gassing from my Stribog gen1 and my can. I'm a lefty, so I get gassed out pretty easily with a lot of setups.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can only say that shooting larger caliber cans is my preference. Less blow back and less of a chance for a baffle strike. I shoot my 45 can on my MPX and love it. Dedicated can for the MPX. I wish it was a later gen AAC can that can be made smaller like my newer 9mm cans on my MP5 and APC. Love that modularity.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I too have a Tirant 45 (older one) and use it on PCCs, zero blowback on 9MM AR and Scorpion shorties.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a B&T APC9 and AAC tirant45m and a tirant9m.

I’ve tried the 45 a couple times and it was noticeably louder. Neither has much blow back.

Honestly my 45 can is my least used can and my 9 is used so much I wish I had bought an omega 9k instead of the Tirant45.

Honestly 45 suppressed kind of sucks and I was super disappointed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I have a B&T APC9 and AAC tirant45m and a tirant9m.

I’ve tried the 45 a couple times and it was noticeably louder. Neither has much blow back.

Honestly my 45 can is my least used can and my 9 is used so much I wish I had bought an omega 9k instead of the Tirant45.

Honestly 45 suppressed kind of sucks and I was super disappointed.
    So, for you, having both 9mm and .45 cans of similar design, and a 9mm blowback host, if you currently only had a .45 can for that host, you’d find it worthwhile to get a 9mm can? If there’s no increase blowback and its quieter, I can’t see a downside, and I could use the MG7k .358 on rifles, too. The scenario I’d want to avoid is one in which its quieter at the muzzle, but poppier at the ear and gassy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast