Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Backed Candidates Are on Track to Get Smoked in General

Feedback Score
    Desantis for pres and Trump becomes press secretary. That would be hilarious and drive the dems insane.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'm over Trump and his narcissism. I voted for him twice and would hold my nose and vote for him a third time if he won the primary, but I'm NOT voting for him in the primary (I didn't in 2016, went for Cruz).
    Same here. For Trump it's all about fighting the last election and getting back at anyone who's not loyal to him. I find the last part ironic considering that he's not so loyal himself. I'd vote for him in the general election again too, but it makes no sense to vote for someone who can only serve four years. We need someone who can win and stay there for eight years.

When it comes to the senate elections here in Georgia, it seems like everyone is trying to screw things up. It started back in 2016 when senator Isakson decide to run for another 6 year term in spite of the fact that the was old and feeble as hell. Well, he couldn't make it four years. Fortunately, we have a Republican governor, so he was able to appoint a replacement. Unfortunately, he decided to choose the next senator based on the criteria of having a vagina and living in the suburbs. She was a solid conservative. I'll give her that. Unfortunately, her campaigning skill were poor. She lost in the general's first round to a pajama wearing leftist boy. However, in Georgia you have to get 50% in the general, so there was a runoff. Meanwhile, our senator Purdue did win the most votes in his election, but he also had to go through a runoff because he didn't hit the 50% threshold. Enter Trump who decided it would be a good idea to discourage Republicans from voting in the runoff. What we got out of all this was two senate election losses that should have been pretty easily won. Now two years later we have a chance to take out the Commiecrat fake preacher who won the remainder of Isakson's term. Former senator Perdue decides that he doesn't want to run for senate. No, this time he'll take on our sitting Republican governor. No other elected Republicans stepped up to run. We ended up with three guys running who didn't have any experience at all. The guy who won, Hershel Walker, is a solid conservative. However, the Democrats have dug up dirt on him and are running all sorts of attack ads. He's unfortunately not very charismatic. I'm hoping he can win, but it's going to be an uphill battle. If he decides to have Trump campaign for him (they're friends from the USFL days), it's over.

Think about this. The Republican nominees for senate in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Arizona all have zero election experience. All of these seats should be slam dunks this year (perhaps with the exception of Pennsylvania), but we're fighting an uphill battle of inexperience.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Same here. For Trump it's all about fighting the last election and getting back at anyone who's not loyal to him. I find the last part ironic considering that he's not so loyal himself. I'd vote for him in the general election again too, but it makes no sense to vote for someone who can only serve four years. We need someone who can win and stay there for eight years.

When it comes to the senate elections here in Georgia, it seems like everyone is trying to screw things up. It started back in 2016 when senator Isakson decide to run for another 6 year term in spite of the fact that the was old and feeble as hell. Well, he couldn't make it four years. Fortunately, we have a Republican governor, so he was able to appoint a replacement. Unfortunately, he decided to choose the next senator based on the criteria of having a vagina and living in the suburbs. She was a solid conservative. I'll give her that. Unfortunately, her campaigning skill were poor. She lost in the general's first round to a pajama wearing leftist boy. However, in Georgia you have to get 50% in the general, so there was a runoff. Meanwhile, our senator Purdue did win the most votes in his election, but he also had to go through a runoff because he didn't hit the 50% threshold. Enter Trump who decided it would be a good idea to discourage Republicans from voting in the runoff. What we got out of all this was two senate election losses that should have been pretty easily won. Now two years later we have a chance to take out the Commiecrat fake preacher who won the remainder of Isakson's term. Former senator Perdue decides that he doesn't want to run for senate. No, this time he'll take on our sitting Republican governor. No other elected Republicans stepped up to run. We ended up with three guys running who didn't have any experience at all. The guy who won, Hershel Walker, is a solid conservative. However, the Democrats have dug up dirt on him and are running all sorts of attack ads. He's unfortunately not very charismatic. I'm hoping he can win, but it's going to be an uphill battle. If he decides to have Trump campaign for him (they're friends from the USFL days), it's over.

Think about this. The Republican nominees for senate in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Arizona all have zero election experience. All of these seats should be slam dunks this year (perhaps with the exception of Pennsylvania), but we're fighting an uphill battle of inexperience.
    It still baffles me on how a completely anti-American communist like Warnock got elected in Georgia.

I really wish DJT would step back this election. He was the right man at the right time in 2016 but this go around we need someone who is a better conservative and much better communicator like DeSantis.
    Last edited by flenna; 08-07-22 at 07:30.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    It still baffles me on how a completely anti-American communist like Warnock got elected in Georgia.
    I guess that really depends on your definition of "elected".

I really wish DJT would step back this election. He was the right man at the right time in 2016 but this go around we need someone who is a better conservative and much better communicator like DeSantis.
    Agreed! Unfortunately, Trump's ego won't allow him to step aside for the benefit of the nation. He'll try to destroy DeSantis before he lets him win the nomination.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I guess that really depends on your definition of "elected".
    Probably the same way a potato who rarely left his basement and when he did could only draw a schoolbus size crowd got 81 million votes.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    It's a combination of factors. Georgia has a high percentage of black population who vote 90% for Democrats, but so do surrounding states, so that's not it. The problem is that chunks of the remaining population have been trending to the left faster than chunks of the same population have been trending to the right. We're actually making good inroads in minority communities. They're realizing the lies they've been told for generations and are slowly coming our way. Unfortunately, "educated" white women (especially single ones) have started voting for Democrats more and more. My daughter and son attend a Christian school in an all Republican county. A couple of years ago my wife pointed out to me how my daughter's teacher was praising her daughter on Facebook for attending a BLM protest. My wife replied with a link to BLM's own website where they listed the destruction of the nuclear family and other anti-Christian objectives. There was no reply to her post, but a few others did reply in praising my daughter's teacher. Keep in mind that this teacher professes and actually teaches Christian beliefs. My point here is that there's an incredible disconnect between what some women say their personal beliefs are and how they vote politically. Enter a slick talking snake (Obama 2.0) like Warnock who has the cover of being a preacher at MLK's church, and they fall for his BS. He doesn't actually say anything meaningful, but he sounds good doing it. Meanwhile, Hershel Walker talks slow and country which is a turnoff to "sophisticated" women. Combine this with the great influx of people we have to the Atlanta area from California and the northeast. The vast majority of these people vote for the same sort of idiots they did in the states they came from. The inability to put cause and effect together baffles me. Finally, politicians within the Georgia Republican party are making stupid moves such as the senate situation that I described above. Another example is our current lieutenant governor. He actually out performed all other Republicans when he was elected almost four years ago and seemed like a solid conservative. I thought at the time he'd be a good candidate for a future senator or governor. Unfortunately, he's so hung up on hating trump that he started some group that's all about getting Trump's influence out of the Republican party. My father and I were donors to him back when he was relatively unknown and running for lieutenant governor, so a few months ago he visited us wanting us to donate to his new cause. We tag teamed him telling him that he's not a team player and he just needs to get over Trump. It was quite enjoyable. Of course he left with no money from us.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Agreed! Unfortunately, Trump's ego won't allow him to step aside for the benefit of the nation. He'll try to destroy DeSantis before he lets him win the nomination.
    If there is a Republican who can handle Trump, I think it's DeSantis. It might damage him, but it might actually make him stronger for the general election. I ask people, do you want a guy who can talk a good game or do you want a guy who can talk a good game and actually has a record of dismantling leftists within government.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Not just Warnock but also Ossof. Trump discouraged Republican turnout by his your vote doesn't count and georgia election cheating rhetoric, and a lot of georgia republicans stayed home.
    I was telling my wife he needed to stfu or he was going to cost us the senate.

Not saying Trump was wrong, but it's never a good idea to tell your party that there's no reason to vote because it won't count.

Feedback Score
    Georgia... Remember 49% of Georgia voters pulled the lever for that left wing kook Stacy Abrams to be their governor. That should tell you all you need to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Georgia... Remember 49% of Georgia voters pulled the lever for that left wing kook Stacy Abrams to be their governor. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Right. Georgia elections are always going to be close. If the Republicans do anything stupid, it will cost us the election.

Don't forget that it was Trump who threw Governor Kemp under the bus for "opening up" the state too soon. Trump wasn't loyal to him at all, yet he demands that Kemp change the election results which he literally has no power to do as governor.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    There were a lot of people spreading the idea that the election was fixed in GA last time. Whatever the merits of those claims, it had a depressing effect on Republican turnout that I witnessed personally. Walker is a terrible, terrible candidate. He is yet another gift from DJT. Buuuuut we have to get our ass out and vote. At least he is likely a reliable vote for Republicans. We can win this, but the “fix is in” doomsaying needs to stop until we get the election over with.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast