Thread: Questions for an NFA Lawyer

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Questions for an NFA Lawyer

I had to schedule a legal consult with a dedicated NFA lawyer to get some questions answered. Unfortunately, they charge by the hour and I'm only expecting to be able to fill up maybe half an hour so I was wondering what questions everyone may have. I'm really only looking into federal, VA, and NC laws so not planning on asking about other states, but if anyone has a question that they want answered that falls into one of those realms, I can try and ask and put the answer here.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I'm all too willing to help you get your money's worth. How about this one? What happens when you submit a form but then move before it's approved? Do you have submit a change of address and get approved before taking possession (Form 4) or building (Form 1)? Or, does it not really matter so long as you're still within the same state?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    "If an individual has an NFA weapon owned on a Form 4 as an individual and leaves it in a house with his spouse, is a crime commited? What if she uses it in self defense?"

Thanks
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    "If an individual has an NFA weapon owned on a Form 4 as an individual and leaves it in a house with his spouse, is a crime commited? What if she uses it in self defense?"

Thanks
    Mine is in a trust but she is not on the trust.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mine is in a trust but she is not on the trust.

PB
    That's just an easy amendment to add her. I used to add my father and sisters for a weekend of shooting with a special trustee amendment and revoke it when I left (after doing travel form up front every year for a year term). This way SBR's & suppressors were game on for everyone regardless of my presence.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Can an SBR that started as a pistol be reverted to a pistol or does it remain a rifle since it has been manufactured into a rifle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Can an SBR that started as a pistol be reverted to a pistol or does it remain a rifle since it has been manufactured into a rifle?
    If it started life as anything other than as a rifle, then it be reconfigured to a pistol.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-13-22 at 11:22. Reason: Spelling
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I’ve been looking onto amending the trusties and address for the trust.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not sure how to word the question, but here’s the situation I wonder about.

I have a form 4 SBR. Can I be on my property and have it unlocked, but not immediately in my presence with my spouse around it. Like can I leave my sbr in my house unlocked and goto my barn with my spouse in my home?

Like what constitutes in my control or whatever terminology about it being unlocked.

Thanks.