Thread: .460 Rowland Conversion Kit

Feedback Score

.460 Rowland Conversion Kit

Is anyone here using one of the Rowland conversion kits for the FNX 45 Tactical? I didn't even know that these were available until I stumbled on it accidentally. I thought these kits were pretty much just for the 1911 platform.

Kit comes with the threaded barrel, compensator, extra power mag spring and two recoil springs for switching back and forth between calibers. $485....if it really works reliably that seems like a pretty reasonable price.

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who's done this conversion.

Stay safe!

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Is anyone here using one of the Rowland conversion kits for the FNX 45 Tactical? I didn't even know that these were available until I stumbled on it accidentally. I thought these kits were pretty much just for the 1911 platform.

Kit comes with the threaded barrel, compensator, extra power mag spring and two recoil springs for switching back and forth between calibers. $485....if it really works reliably that seems like a pretty reasonable price.

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who's done this conversion.

Stay safe!

Heavyweight

Don't have one in that platform but do have one on a 1911. They are plenty reliable once spring tuned correctly for the loads but... The kit does not really give you all the different springs you may eventually need. Think of those springs in the kit as 'something to get you started' and understand that you may wish to go further from there by adding other weights as well so you can better tune things to your exact loads.

Worth noting as well is the cost of the factory ammo for these. There is no damn way I could have any real fun with mine if I was limited to the store bought / factory ammo only. You could literally shoot a hundred bucks worth of ammo off faster than Hunter Biden and one of his whores could smoke that much worth of crack rock! (FJB)

Loading your own is the only way to go as far as reducing those costs in a BIG way but... Good luck finding the brass anywhere. Not even available for backorder at Starline currently and god only knows when they will get around to doing another run of it. 'If' you do find any - It is going be very expensive thanks to the prices of everything 'reloading' being high as heck currently.

2 to 3 years ago was the best time to be buying stuff to load 460 with. Brass could be found for 20cents per, primers were about 3.5cents per or less, good FMJ bullets were around 10cents per, powder was somewhat plentiful... For well under 50 cents per round you could make full power 460 ammo (using very good quality bullets) all day long (instead of paying 1.25 to 1.50 each for the factory fodder).

'If' you can find it that brass is going to be 35cent or more per piece, primers at about 8 to 10 cents a pop, bullets 10 to 15 cents (or more) each, expensive powder...

If he is still there, Thomas Scriminger at 460Rowland.com is a wealth of info and well worth your time to reach out to. No matter if I had questions about spring tuning OR about loading ammo for it he was always willing to help me out with his expertise. Would definitely buy from them again if I was looking just due to the excellent service that Thomas provided me after the sale with respect to my questions and helping me get going down the right path.

Feedback Score
    Thanks DG23 for nicely bitch slapping me back into reality. I didn't realize how expensive even reloading would be....if I could even find brass.

Heavyweight