Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langdon doing his magic on HK’s.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What did you have grey guns do, spend a quick dollar there?

PB
    Their LEM reduction package. Cleaned up and NIB'd the internals, smoothed everything up, shortened the reset. It came out to $395.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    His Custom Gun Work Order states "LTT RDO Slide Cut (Not Available for P30SK or P2000)". Looks like you are SOL there, at least for now, no idea whether it just isn't offered or isn't possible.
    Thanks.

I found a buisness that does it, but they state that have to add material to accomplish the conversion. That kinda turned me off. Ah well.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I would love to do my P30 and P30SK.

PB
    Off the top of my head, you might want to reach out to Vulcan Machine Werks in Texas. They have done two direct milling pistol slide cuts for me, along with refinishing after the cuts. Both look like they came from the factory, they did really excellent work.

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    RDS milling for the Aimpoint ACRO footprint should be possible on just about anything. That particular optic doesn’t need much surface area to mount up to.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does any HK guru's know the reliability threshold with lighter springs/etc? I know Langdon broke down Beretta hammer springs and X# might be primer sensitive/etc but haven't found anything like that for HK.

Was not sure which pull to consider when I order from LTT eventually.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a P30 (and P30SK, Ron3 wish they did SK's too) with Light LEM triggers and a manual reset screw to minimize over travel. My P30 is getting the slide cut, I'm pretty excited. Great carry gun and probably one of the most reliable guns on planet earth. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress and results.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Off the top of my head, you might want to reach out to Vulcan Machine Werks in Texas. They have done two direct milling pistol slide cuts for me, along with refinishing after the cuts. Both look like they came from the factory, they did really excellent work.

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/

Hope that helps.
    I did use them for my 1911. Was very happy, going to try Langdon for this one. Thanks SS. Yea and Vulcan only list VP9, which is kinda goofy because you can buy a VP9 with optics cut which I did.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-08-22 at 20:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I started to get excited. NO trigger job in a bag for the HK. Oh well. Actually with some polishing and hammer spring mine are good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have always wanted a P2000.
    I used to carry one. There is a hammer spring swap you can do (IIRC) to drop the trigger weight from 8.5 to around 5. I did it to mine and it was great, though a bit long. Mags are expensive as hell, though. But that's HK. Smooth gun, though. Well made and completely reliable. I miss it. If I had it in 9mm, i'd keep it. Just couldn't justify a whole new caliber.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    So this news convinced me to buy a p30 today. I bought one new for 540 after taxes and shipping. Not bad in my book.

I plan to do the gray guns upgrade myself and probably install a 12lbs hammer spring and if I am satisfied, send out the slide this winter.

I owned a p30 briefly in the past that had a trigger job done by Robert Burke. I liked everything about it besides the safety. It just got in my way. I sold it a vowed to buy one again someday without the safety.

This might complete my DA/SA trigger fetish I have had lately. I have a few sig p series, beretta 92, and a cz p01. I guess I needed an hk

Soli Deo Gloria

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast