Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langdon doing his magic on HK’s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    I used to carry one. Mags are expensive as hell, though. But that's HK. Smooth gun, though. Well made and completely reliable.
    I have always said one of the secrets ( or not so secret ) is the HK mags are best mags made on planet earth and are a huge part of their unreasonable reliability. I think they advertised the P30 with a 90,000 round torture test. They cost a lot, but they are amazing IMO. Ive never cycled a slide to put a round in the chamber that feed the round so effortlessly, like silky smooth.

P30 is some goodness, can't wait to get a dot on mine for my blind ass.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My 30sk might get sold eventually.

If Langdon's team won't put an optic on it it probably shouldn't be done.

Gun has a few other things bugging me, too. It's a good pistol but I find myself preferring other guns I have to carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have always said one of the secrets ( or not so secret ) is the HK mags are best mags made on planet earth and are a huge part of their unreasonable reliability. I think they advertised the P30 with a 90,000 round torture test. They cost a lot, but they are amazing IMO. Ive never cycled a slide to put a round in the chamber that feed the round so effortlessly, like silky smooth.

P30 is some goodness, can't wait to get a dot on mine for my blind ass.

PB
    I believe the saying is that “HK is a magazine company, that also manufactures pistols.” My recollection is while the P30 did well for TLG, it was the HK45 that was amazingly reliable. Trigger return springs may be the weak point of the P30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    My 30sk might get sold eventually.

If Langdon's team won't put an optic on it it probably shouldn't be done.

Gun has a few other things bugging me, too. It's a good pistol but I find myself preferring other guns I have to carry.
    Wright Armory can cut a P30SK for an RDS, along with the rest of the P30 series, P2000 series, HK45 series, and USP series. I am curious as to why LTT does not offer all those options, though I suspect it's an issue of throughput rather than any technical difficulties (they also limit their cuts on the Beretta 9x series to specific lines).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-15-22 at 23:33.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Wright Armory can cut a P30SK for an RDS, along with the rest of the P30 series, P2000 series, HK45 series, and USP series. I am curious as to why LTT does not offer all those options, though I suspect it's an issue of throughput rather than any technical difficulties (they also limit their cuts on the Beretta 9x series to specific lines).
    Thanks.

I stopped carrying the P30sk due to a couple mag drops. I'd read of them but it only happened to me once. Now more than once and when I really looked at where my flesh ends up in a firm grip plus a little recoil it's easy to replicate inadvertently pressing either mag release paddle while firing.

Too bad. I really like most things about this gun but mag-dropping is a non-negotiable issue. I went from "paddle mag release is great!" to "paddle mag release might get me killed" in a short time frame. But that's another thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HK is the most overrated pistol company out there I believe. Have had a USP compact, USP full size, USP Expert, P30L, and VP9. Wanted to love them all, be elite, and forced myself to for a while. But when I sold them I immediately realized just about every other pistol was better in every way. Sucks...They sure are sexy looking

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    HK is the most overrated pistol company out there I believe. Have had a USP compact, USP full size, USP Expert, P30L, and VP9. Wanted to love them all, be elite, and forced myself to for a while. But when I sold them I immediately realized just about every other pistol was better in every way. Sucks...They sure are sexy looking
    Ultimately they are no different than any other pistol...chock full of pro's and con's. Most run reliably but the ergos are love/hate and the trigger dynamics on most of the suck (HK cares not for good triggers).

I'm convinced that HK could put bits of broken glass on the trigger face and people would still champion them. "It's a safety feature, not a bug".

I say this having run several different HK's for more years than I should have.

Feedback Score
    This.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Their triggers suck out of the box, but so does nearly every company on the market. I thought the LEM trigger was a joke until I shot the Grayguns version of it. Granted you shouldn't have to drop $400 to upgrade your trigger, but you pay for the best.

HK handguns are durable, reliable, have some of the best magazine on the face of the planet and have exceptionally accurate barrels.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The da/sa triggers "suck" but they do teach you good trigger discipline. Once you learn to shoot them proficiently you can pretty much shoot anything.

Their VP9 striker trigger is an excellent trigger. If you can't shoot that gun or the SK version well, sorry to say, you might want to look at yourself for the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast