Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20rd mag pouch source

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

20rd mag pouch source

I’m setting up a low profile chest rig and want to use 20 round Pmags for the loadout but having trouble finding a pouch. I don’t want open top and I don’t want to use a 30rd pouch.

Specter discontinued their 20 round flapped pouch and the only other I’ve seen are SOE at $45 for a single mag pouch.

Am I missing any others out there?
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    20rd M4 mags themselves are pretty much a dead item; I've not seen anyone legit using one of things in years (outside of bench shooting or ban states), and as you've noticed, the market reflects that. 20rd mag pouches were always a niche item, they are pretty much discontinued everywhere now.
    Still a couple companies that make open-top pouches (bungee, elastic, kydex) that are either 20rd specific, or short enough to fit 20s (like "quick draw" type), but flappers? Yeah, nah. Deader than Kennedy...
    There are probably still some pouches you could press into service - I used to have several of the TT fitelite smoke pouches, and when adjusted full out, they could just fit a 30rd, so I'm pretty sure they'd fit a 20 nicely. YMMV
    TT also used to make some 20rd bungee shingles, but they don't retail them anymore - you can special order them in quantity of 20+.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/fight...mokepouch.aspx

You could try to search for old-gen milsurp. IIRC there used to be some decent British 20rd flapped pouches floating around. Unless I'm getting them confused with something else....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You should be able to modify some standard mag pouches to work with the 20 rounders. I imagine screwing a hole about an inch and a half up and sticking a 1/8" bolt with a lock nut would be one way of doing it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I am a big fan of 2, 20 round mags in the gun, backed up by 30 round mags on the carrier. This was operating in and out of vehicles, they are easier to get in and out of the vehicle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am a big fan of 2, 20 round mags in the gun, backed up by 30 round mags on the carrier. This was operating in and out of vehicles, they are easier to get in and out of the vehicle.
    How would you mount the 2nd 20 rounder? Mag coupler?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    How would you mount the 2nd 20 rounder? Mag coupler?
    Old school, taped together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, gents.

Might just go with Yoni’s suggestion. Easy button.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update: I’ve don’t always check my pm’s so I didn’t see I was sent a link to Beez Combat Systems who have exactly what I was looking for to complete the setup I was imagining.

Thanks again gents for the suggestions and time!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Update: I’ve don’t always check my pm’s so I didn’t see I was sent a link to Beez Combat Systems who have exactly what I was looking for to complete the setup I was imagining.

Thanks again gents for the suggestions and time!
    Good ole' Beez, they seem to have a lesser presence then others with Social Media but tend to do an excellent job of things
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We shoot mostly 20 round mags because we do a lot of precision. But my chest rigs wear 30 round bangers.
    Glad you found a solution and thanks to Yoni for the hot tip working in/out vehicles.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-11-22 at 14:43.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast