Thread: Is it worth it to you reloading 9x19?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It depends on your goals and what equipment you have.

Loading simple range fodder in 9mm is one of the least economical calibers to reload vs. factory with primers being ~$0.8 per, assuming you can find them, if you don't mind shooting 115 gr. training ammo. That's particularly true if you're buying new brass an not reusing the cases. That stuff is a bit dirty and not terribly accurate, but if you're shooting at close distances, it's fine.

The question you need to answer is, what do you want out of your ammo, besides low cost...and can you tell the difference when shooting it?

Want a load that shoot softer than factory?
    Want a load that's more accurate than factory?
    Want a load that more accurately replicates your defensive ammo, but is economical?

The list goes on as to what's possible. With reloading, you can control the variables and for many, a little experimentation is fun. If you shoot enough to where you can tell the difference and want to get the most enjoyment from your hobby, reloading can be a natural extension of that hobby.

You can buy equipment to match your shooting volume, but I am very spoiled by my Dillon XL650 with case and bullet feeders. Having good equipment really helps with the satisfaction level for me. Poor equipment quickly leads to frustration.

For me, the answer is yes. I have a 9mm load that shoots softer and is more accurate than anything I can buy. It's very satisfying to shoot vs. typical range fodder.
    Last edited by mizer67; 08-07-22 at 18:56.