Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCG Question, but not the normal one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Aim Surplus has these for ~$50...

https://aimsurplus.com/products/whit...eid=f186521e20

-Rainman
    I was just about to post that, thanks for saving me from looking up the link!!

Then again, the recent Glock 19 barrels from Aim Surplus that I received were complete crap and won't feed, so at a certain point cheap things are cheap for a reason....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    CMT makes awesome stuff..Ive seen Stick vouch for them too, I think he knows the owner IF Im not mistaken.
    Ive got a 17" rail from them that is nice. AND..they are fellow Tennesseans like us!
    Yes, Jeff Cross is a veteran, and so is his beautiful wife. They are not only good people, but Jeff absolutely obsesses over the QC of his product. Things like that make it easy to recommend them!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes, Jeff Cross is a veteran, and so is his beautiful wife. They are not only good people, but Jeff absolutely obsesses over the QC of his product. Things like that make it easy to recommend them!
    Are they any relation to Continental Machine and Tool? Or is the name just a coincidence? i.e. maybe they bought the rights to or are successors of the original CMT?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    Saved for posterity!
    Yeah... If it fails, I'd own the fact that I bought a $75 BCG and bet wrong, but so far so good. I'll keep running every week until I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Wonder if it was rainbow hued? Lol
    They do sell some goofy shit on that sight. I think I saw that carrier in an email.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You might want to read the quoted post again carefully. lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, I bought two spares a minute ago. Gotta have a BCG or two on hand. Mine were about $100 but look staked well and have HPT-MPI markings. AO Phosphate T5 AOM16

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-08-22 at 18:15.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've got about 1000 rounds with my AO Precision BCG. Pretty much all full auto. Has been GTG after I swapped the original gas rings back in, after initial issues due to a McFarland gas ring I'd foolishly installed.

So yes, the AO Precision BCG has been GTG so far. Available at Ar15discounts.com.
    I made the mistake of trying a McFarland one-piece gas ring several years back. It took a properly functioning rifle and turned it into a malfunction machine, to the tune of more than 10 malfunctions per magazine. After about two mags I pulled the bolt out, put the original gas rings back in, and left the McFarland laying in the dirt.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I made the mistake of trying a McFarland one-piece gas ring several years back. It took a properly functioning rifle and turned it into a malfunction machine, to the tune of more than 10 malfunctions per magazine. After about two mags I pulled the bolt out, put the original gas rings back in, and left the McFarland laying in the dirt.
    Yeah, it's a weird thing how it works in some and not in others. I've had one for probably 10k rounds in a BCM BCG and haven't had a single issue. The AOP BCG seems to have a tight bore, even with standard rings, and when I installed the McFarland and ran a couple mags FA, it expanded and stopped the bolt from moving inside the carrier.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's ok to buy cheap BCG's just make sure that whoever you are buying them from has a good return policy.

I recently bought like 4 el cheapo BCG's from 2 different vendors. Only one was bad, and it short stroked immediately. I simply returned it, got a new BCG and that one ran fine. I remember watching a YT video with a highly regarded AR builder that talked about their own QC process. If you buy a BCG from them it has been fired 3 times and a full rifle has a grand total of 9 rounds. So I think I can easily do my own QC process. As an added piece of insurance if you get a cheap BCG just throw in a colt or spring co extractor spring with the insert.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    It's ok to buy cheap BCG's just make sure that whoever you are buying them from has a good return policy.
    I won't buy a BCG that's not mil spec/TDP no matter how cheap. The risk on the BCG some of us bought was that the dealer was fraudulent in what the BCG really was. There's nothing I've seen to indicate the BCG isn't legit because they sell their clown products under the correct description, but again, I don't have superman vision to see a spectrum analysis of the bolt steel.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast