Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jones to pay many millions...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Then you may want to look into that one.

That would be Jones in this case. Those who sued deserve ever penny and then some. Losing a kid in a shooting and then having some POS like Jones endlessly claiming it never happened, kids were all actors, etc, etc, they had a Right to finally have enough and go after that POS. I hope Jones is left without a penny, loses his homes, etc.

I knew several from the CT SWAT team that arrived on scene, several were never able to return to work after what they saw.

Having said all that, per OP, I'm still concerned how such a case could impact Free Speech, but the more I see and learn the details, less concerned I am about it. We all supported the kid who went after CNN for clear libel and I don't recall anyone here raising any concerns about Free Speech over it, as we all knew CNN was lying crap media, who deserved to be sued for what they did to him.

What Jones did was a million times worse. Per OP, he got on my radar after the Boston bombings.
    I had a close personal friend from the CT. State Police (Covid took him) who was one of the first there (maybe the first 1 or 2 in?) and carried out one of those kids whom he knew wouldn't make it. He tells a heart breaking story of whispering into that dying child's ear about what a hero he was and how many lives he saved... knowing that the part of the brain that hears... dies last. He wanted him to know how importnat what that little guy did was to his classmates. I tear up as I type this. Patrick tells it and it is SO compelling. Jones is a dick and can suck it in the poverty lines for that crap.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    "We all supported the kid who went after CNN for clear libel and I don't recall anyone here raising any concerns about Free Speech over it"

^^^^^

Politics tends to bring out the partisan hypocrisy and double standards in all of us. Most are blind to it. Kinda like drunk Green Bay fans. Replay camera can clearly show the ball down on the 5yd line. Doesn't matter. Stand up and scream TOUCHDOWN!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is going to be a difficult one, but my view is that existing slander and libel laws should be followed. And not let emotion create bad precedent.

As distasteful and even wrong that Alex Jones was, the existing laws need to be followed.

By allowing a bad precedent to be set we will come to regret it long-term.

This is like the westboro crazies or Louis Farrakhan or Nazis, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    "We all supported the kid who went after CNN for clear libel and I don't recall anyone here raising any concerns about Free Speech over it"

^^^^^

Politics tends to bring out the partisan hypocrisy and double standards in all of us. Most are blind to it. Kinda like drunk Green Bay fans. Replay camera can clearly show the ball down on the 5yd line. Doesn't matter. Stand up and scream TOUCHDOWN!
    Yep. If it rises to the legally defined/accepted level of slander or libel... all bets are off.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trump is currently in the process of taking certain media outlets to court over slander / libel...I'm assuming Kyle Rittenhouse is in the same process. Free speech is great but has consequences as AJ is finding out.

I don't see a 1st amnd problem here & would bet the shock jock will go back to doing what he does...now if somehow the courts could force his platform down & keep him off the air, then there is our slippery slope. I'm also assuming AJ has touched on Hunter Biden being a pedo, overseas crook, lying on the 4473, etc & has nothing to worry about from him as he has some ammo to back up the claims to make those statements. He should have had the same cards on the fake shooting. I'm not following close but did read the parents were physically confronted & received death threats over his comments of them being crisis actors, so he's his own worst enemy here.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    I had a close personal friend from the CT. State Police (Covid took him) who was one of the first there (maybe the first 1 or 2 in?) and carried out one of those kids whom he knew wouldn't make it. He tells a heart breaking story of whispering into that dying child's ear about what a hero he was and how many lives he saved... knowing that the part of the brain that hears... dies last. He wanted him to know how importnat what that little guy did was to his classmates. I tear up as I type this. Patrick tells it and it is SO compelling. Jones is a dick and can suck it in the poverty lines for that crap.
    Reason 9,102,923 I could not do that job. I'd die inside from an experience like that, and I don't have any kids. As mentioned, several on that team were destroyed by that experience. I hope Jones ends up homeless. He's the bottom feeders bottom feeder.

As the "progressive" let media worthless humans have also been losing bigly lately for big $ for libel against people we support, I don't feel as bad about the hypocrisy / double standards usually applied to right wing conspiracy bottom feeders vs left, and it's much harder to sue and win against large media corps like CCN vs an individual like Jones, but it happened. If that prompts CNN and co to actually check their facts before running a story to fit their BS narrative, that's a win, and is not suppressing of Free Speech.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post

^^^^^

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    This is going to be a difficult one, but my view is that existing slander and libel laws should be followed. And not let emotion create bad precedent.

As distasteful and even wrong that Alex Jones was, the existing laws need to be followed.

By allowing a bad precedent to be set we will come to regret it long-term.

This is like the westboro crazies or Louis Farrakhan or Nazis, etc.
    I don't see that in this case. Is Rittenhouse good precedent because we support him? What Jones did many times worse than anything done by CNN etc to Rittenhouse much less Sandmann.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't see that in this case. Is Rittenhouse good precedent because we support him? What Jones did many times worse than anything done by CNN etc to Rittenhouse much less Sandmann.
    Jones, scumbag that he may be, did not attack/defame any individuals.

Instead he promoted the idea that the event was a fake/black flag setup.

Was this hurtful to the parents who lost kids? Quite probably. Painful I'm sure.

But he did not accuse the parents or the kids of anything, instead he was questioning the official position of what happened.

What makes this a first amendment case is he was advocating an opinion. Which could be baseless, or conspiracy theory based on some anomalies which even others have admitted were odd.

When you are punatively fined for advocating an opinion which is unprovable even if unpopular, that is dangerous territory.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Jones, scumbag that he may be, did not attack/defame any individuals.

Instead he promoted the idea that the event was a fake/black flag setup.

Was this hurtful to the parents who lost kids? Quite probably. Painful I'm sure.

But he did not accuse the parents or the kids of anything, instead he was questioning the official position of what happened.

What makes this a first amendment case is he was advocating an opinion. Which could be baseless, or conspiracy theory based on some anomalies which even others have admitted were odd.

When you are punatively fined for advocating an opinion which is unprovable even if unpopular, that is dangerous territory.
    I think a major part of that though was arguing that the parents were crisis actors faking everything. If I remember right, that was pretty much the entire conspiracy theory is that Adam Lanza never existed and the parents were all hired actors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123