Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVO's and astigmatism with illuminated reticles.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

LPVO's and astigmatism with illuminated reticles.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an lpvo for my GP rifle, I've narrowed it down to the razor 1-6, kahles 1-6, and nightforce nx8. My main question, is with the illuminated center dot, how clear is it to guys with astigmatism? Most illuminated dots I've seen whether RDS or illuminated center dots in lpvo's are very starred or mishapen due to my astigmatism. Out of these 3, which has been the clearest in ya'll experience. I'm really leaning towards the razor due to the eyebox and clarity, but I'd like a clean dot.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd go Razor.

I have astigmatism too, and alternate between contacts and glasses. I MUCH prefer quick change or EU style diopter adjustments as my vision will change slightly if I'm wearing contacts or glasses. If you have a mild prescription, you may even be able to adjust the diopter ring to correct your uncorrected vision.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Ended up ordering a razor just now cause Euro optics had a closeout on jm-1 reticles.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    I'm really leaning towards the razor due to the eyebox and clarity, but I'd like a clean dot.
    Personally, I think the Kahles has a better eyebox and clarity than the Razor and it is over 4.5 oz lighter. You would have been disappointed Nightforce NX8 if a good eyebox is high on your list. When I was LPVO shopping I was coming from an Aimpoint and I wanted the most RDS 'esque one I could find, I decided the Kahles K16i was it and haven't been disappointed. I don't seem to get the same blooming effect with the K16i that I do with my Aimpoints.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the Razor, it is a solid choice.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Good to know about the eyebox on the NX-8, as I've really transitioned over from a long time of running RDS only on the carbines, the eyebox is a big deal for me. I had a trijicon accupower 1-8 for a short time and got rid of it for 2 reasons. Reticle was barely qualified as daylight bright, and the eyebox just did not work for me.

Feedback Score
    I have astigmatism. I got my Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4 x 20 from EuroOptics(they were recommended by Leupold). Very cool scope and highly like their service advisors.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I've had good experience with leupold optics over the years, but need a 1x. Ended up getting a good deal on a razor so I'm gonna run that

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the NX8 and wouldn’t really recommend it ever. To many sacrifices and compromises.

I wish they still made the NXS 1-4. That’s an awesome scope!

I badly want a Khales 1-6.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My astigmatism is the kind where I get instead of small dot then the illumination for brightness I need causes the edge to get brighter than the dot.

I have a p4xi and I want a larger eyebox than that and iirc it's about the largest eyebox available on an lpvo.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Steer clear of anything like the NX8/ATACR/Razor HD3 that uses FFP and a big illuminated mass on the low end as it's going to inherently be a blob of shit anyways.

Kahles or Razor HD2...which is pretty much the reasonable answer to any LPVO question unless you have a massive cash surplus.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast