Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LPVO's and astigmatism with illuminated reticles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have not read through this thread but I hear Green reticles may help some people with astigmatism. YMMV.
    Trijicon MRO (not HD) was bloom for me in both red and green. Aimpoint PRO is slightly fuzzy at times but at least looks like a dot.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have not read through this thread but I hear Green reticles may help some people with astigmatism. YMMV.

PB
    I can see green reticles pretty cleanly, but I've experienced a lot of washout when shooting from low light into high light conditions, which is why I end up going red

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Turn up the brightness on any illuminated reticle and its going to bloom and starstreak. There is no perfect solution.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Good to know about the eyebox on the NX-8, as I've really transitioned over from a long time of running RDS only on the carbines, the eyebox is a big deal for me. I had a trijicon accupower 1-8 for a short time and got rid of it for 2 reasons. Reticle was barely qualified as daylight bright, and the eyebox just did not work for me.
    Interesting. I have an Accupower 1-8X28 and I love the eyebox. Easily the best of any scope I currently own. Agree that the reticle is not daylight bright, but for me bright enough to do what I need and expect it to do.

Feedback Score
    I have a Trijicon Credo 1-6 and no issues with my astigmatism.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on an lpvo for my GP rifle, I've narrowed it down to the razor 1-6, kahles 1-6, and nightforce nx8. My main question, is with the illuminated center dot, how clear is it to guys with astigmatism? Most illuminated dots I've seen whether RDS or illuminated center dots in lpvo's are very starred or mishapen due to my astigmatism. Out of these 3, which has been the clearest in ya'll experience. I'm really leaning towards the razor due to the eyebox and clarity, but I'd like a clean dot.
    I have 3 NX8 1-8 scopes. On 1X, without illumination on, they’re as clear as can be with no distortion. On 1X with illumination set at 5, it’s clear with a very slight hint of a tail. Setting 6 gets more of a starburst but the center reticle is still recognizable. Setting 8-10 is more of a starburst but still usable. I recommend not using setting 10 unless of course you want to see a red dot in your vision for the next hour or so.

If I kick the magnification up to 2 there are zero issues. Zero issues with all other magnification levels.

I have a very bad astigmatism that was worsened by a botched LASIK so take that in to account.

Just for added info; I have a 2.5-10x24 with the MOAR reticle. Zero astigmatism issues on any setting or magnification with that scope. I also had the Razor 1-10 and had similar issues as I do with the NX8 1-8.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234