Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LPVO's and astigmatism with illuminated reticles.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Illuminates LPVOs are just as blurry as Aimpoints to me.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Steer clear of anything like the NX8/ATACR/Razor HD3 that uses FFP and a big illuminated mass on the low end as it's going to inherently be a blob of shit anyways.

Kahles or Razor HD2...which is pretty much the reasonable answer to any LPVO question unless you have a massive cash surplus.
    Thats been my experience generally with ffp in lpvo's as well. 2nd focal plane on a 1-6 doesn't bug me cause I generally wont be using a bdc or ranging reticle on theblower end anyways so it works out for me.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Thats been my experience generally with ffp in lpvo's as well. 2nd focal plane on a 1-6 doesn't bug me cause I generally wont be using a bdc or ranging reticle on theblower end anyways so it works out for me.
    Unless you've gotta make an LPVO do the job of an MPVO should have...which is reality because the Medium Power optic market SUCKS.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Unless you've gotta make an LPVO do the job of an MPVO should have...which is reality because the Medium Power optic market SUCKS.
    Which I've never really understood why... with modern technology, conceptially a very good MPVO shouldn't be that difficuly to produce.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    which is reality because the Medium Power optic market SUCKS.
    In what way?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    My astigmatism is the kind where I get instead of small dot then the illumination for brightness I need causes the edge to get brighter than the dot.

I have a p4xi and I want a larger eyebox than that and iirc it's about the largest eyebox available on an lpvo.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain.

For those like us who have really, really bad astigmatism, look into scleral lenses.

https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/u...scleral-lenses

There is a bit of a learning curve involved with them, but they have been a career saver for me.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    I feel your pain.

For those like us who have really, really bad astigmatism, look into scleral lenses.

https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/u...scleral-lenses

There is a bit of a learning curve involved with them, but they have been a career saver for me.
    What kind of a learning curve, and if I understand correctly, these are contact lenses?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    What kind of a learning curve, and if I understand correctly, these are contact lenses?
    Hey Daniel,
    Yup, they’re large, hard contacts. They vault over the cornea and sit on the sclera (the white portion of the eye).

There is a thin hollow area between the cornea and the lens. Before inserting, you fill it with fluid and then, while looking straight down, you stick the contact in. The fluid under the lens fills in around the irregular cornea. Thus, what your retina ‘sees’ is a refraction sent to it from the perfectly dome-shaped lens, not your buggered up cornea. (Which, in my case, has the topography of a mountain range sadly!)

The learning curve is getting used to sticking it in to your eye and removing it. It can be frustrating at first, but soon it is just like tying shoes.

Without them my vision is horrendous. With them, it is wonderful. They remove nearly all of my astigmatism / refractive surgery-caused visual aberrations. They are certainly worth looking into if you have corneal issues like astigmatism, keratoconous, or whatever!

Best wishes,
    SBR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Hey Daniel,
    Yup, they’re large, hard contacts. They vault over the cornea and sit on the sclera (the white portion of the eye).
    Will these amplify damage to the eye from impact?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Will these amplify damage to the eye from impact?
    This is why I don't wear contacts. I appreciate the info on them, but I can't wear them for a couple reasons. Had an issue at work with dust and particulates even while wearing safety glasses, ( I'm a mechanic in the army ) and then had separate issues with them lodging in my eye corner during some sports games. Regular glasses for me is just the best option with ballistic glasses and inserts forbwork and range / mission use. Just got my prescription updated so that will probably help a little

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast