Thread: FOUND ONE- AR Scope Mount Recommendations

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

FOUND ONE- AR Scope Mount Recommendations

8Aug22- I chose a Geissle 05-405B.

All,

I picked up a Vortex CM-534 34mm 0moa cantilever mount to drop an ATACR 4-16X42 into. Now that it's installed, I see that I could get by with less cantilever than the 3.5" that this mount provides. I also wouldn't need the rear ring sitting over the front crossbolt which currently sits four pic slots back from the front of the lower receiver. The scope is where it needs to be for me and the turrets overlap ~30% over the front of the lower.
    I am open to recommendations &/or suggestions and would also welcome any pictures that might be available.

I don't have any local businesses that stock a good variety of this style mount for comparision so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith E.; 08-10-22 at 22:14. Reason: Found what I was looking for.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a standard cantilever would work for you, like the reptilla aus, which is what I use.

When you get the scope where you need it, Note where the turrets sit, and you can look at pics of other mounts to see where the rings line up in relation to the crossbolts

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I believe that I've found what I wanted. Today I went to my local ffl to compare my optics setup to whatever he had in stock. The idea was to find the style of mount that I wanted and let him order one in 34mm. He'd already ordered some so I chose and left with a Geissle 05-405B.

I appreciate your reply.

Keith

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sorry, but Vortex and Nightforce shouldn't breed.

Esp an ATACR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The G mounts are very nice. Been happy with mine. And the scope is top fcking shelf.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That's good to hear, PB, thanks.

Keith

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I also wouldn’t necessarily pair a vortex mount with a NF ATACR, I would look at badger ordnance, Geissele, spuhr.

Feedback Score
    The new Nightforce mount also looks amazeballs.