Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revival of the M&P 9 1.0

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The accuracy issue of the 1.0 9, was hit or miss, no pun intended. Some were acceptable for accuracy, some were not. Otherwise a reliable pistol with good ergos. With an Apex trigger kit, had a lot of 1911 owners finally jump ship due also offering a 1911 like thumb safety. Mine had acceptable accuracy. Nothing as good as my VP9, but acceptable for SD/HD. I kept the 1.0 with Apex as a back up to current primary, the VP9.

I briefly played with a recent gen m&P 9, seems like they have made real improvements on the triggers, but no range experience personally.
    I tend to have bad luck when it comes to handguns, but I really liked the M&P initially.

I liked it enough that when I read here on M4C at the time that the 5" M&Ps didn't have the same accuracy issues as the 4.25" guns, I quickly went out and bought one, which is how I ended up with three. Nope. Whole lotta nope. That gun was the 6" gun, but still not up to a "combat accurate" standard.

So rather than re-barrel them, I switched to Gen 4 Glocks and promptly needed to deal with BTF issues and inconsistent ejection. Which fortunately, was easier and less costly to fix.

Of course, I'm also a guy that eventually re-barreled my Glocks too (Gen 4) because I wanted more accuracy. As I've gotten older and a bit wiser I think, I would no longer do that. The market for striker fired pistols has moved on and there are too many good offerings that will do sub 3" at 25 yards now to consider it money well spent.

Feedback Score
    I sent mine to Doug at ATEi brand new out of the box and it shoots circles around any other gun I own.
    He installed his action job, apex barrel (fit not drop in) and some serrations added to the top and side of slide, milled for an RMR and I haven't looked back. Still using it 7 years later as my 365 day edc.
    I have an almost identical gun used for classes and match's, the only difference is the model of light and finish color, otherwise the are identical.
    Last edited by .45fan; 08-09-22 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did not see barrel fitting on their site for the MP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I never had an accuracy issue with my Gen1 M&P9s.

Both have full Apex trigger kids and have each seen thousand of rounds. I recently put a Apex gunsmith fit barrel in the CORE one and it’s a tac driver.

Those two handguns have been my primary training guns for years.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I did not see barrel fitting on their site for the MP.
    I found these pages on their site. Its for gen 1 guns Apex barrel fitting and the GS fit barrel.

https://ateiguns.com/product/apex-ba...g-for-mp-only/

https://ateiguns.com/product/apex-gr...l-4-25-for-mp/

The barrel link says out of stock, so I would suggest calling them to see if they can order one for you.
    If not, here is a link to the apex site, buy it yourself and have ATEi install it.

https://www.apextactical.com/apex-gr...arrels-for-m-p

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Glad to help!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I still have an M&P 1.0 in 40 that I put a bunch of rounds through. Back then I was getting tons of free 40 brass and loading it for $80/K. The striker failed early but S&W upgraded them later on. Accuracy is very good.

Sometime after that I received a 1.0 9mm in a trade but didn't hang on to it very long. It had one range day when I had it, and shot much better with 124 grain bullets than 115. Julie G said she had no accuracy issues but she was running a 147 grain bullet in competition.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    M&P 1.0 with an Apex kit beats out any M&P 2.0 trigger kit or Glock trigger kit out there. Not sure why they couldnt just fix the early unlocking issue with the 1.0 barrel and keep the 1.0 trigger feel.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I like the frame better. I can bet up on the beavertail well. I need to shoot mine MUCH more to get a better sense of the accuracy, then decide on a barrel. The Apex Grade is easy to fit and if you watch their vids it deals not just with the slide/barrel, but the dwell time which is critical. My APEX sear has it where there is takeup, then a crisp break and not too much OT, so I'm happy for now as I may want to carry these also, and don't need a match no creep trigger anyway. The curve doesn't bother me and I can always trick one out that way.

From searches, there are plenty of longevity and reliability examples. I 'heard' that the 2.0 has the exposed steel strip in front as an imbed to make the frame more rigid up front - I don't really get it - the 1.0 frame is plenty robust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast