Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Milley is a traitor

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Thats the easy peasy way to the top.
    I saw the aftermath of Desert Storm and how awards were handed out.
    I lost all respect for any Officer wearing a Bronze Star, because they all got a Bronze Star. Everyone in the TOC got a Bronze Star. We had a Lieutenant leave his platoon while they were under fire to get back to the Company, He got a Bronze Star.

I saw a lot of scummy enlisted guys warm a desk in S-3 for like 8 years in Fort Hood, they went from E-6 to E-7 sitting in the same Master Gunner seat and getting fat.
    I came from Germany and looked around and thought this joints being run by the Mob, it's got nothing to do with the Army.
    Talk about a wake up call.
    No branch is stingier than the Marines. SS and BZ downgraded, people not getting a PH because they were injured by shrapnel and not blown up or shot, a CAR is next to impossible.

Officers in the army absolutely get a disproportionate amount of BS, and usually for non-combat-related work, too. Damndest thing I ever saw, a whole slew of FOBbit O's lining up for theirs at an awards ceremony.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    As for CAG, a couple guys I know from there said he was a staff officer (again) and maybe a commander of the support squadron. Not an assaulter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe commander of the support squadron? How’s that a maybe?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, I have to take the blame for the CAG comments (unless someone's heard it somewhere else, I haven't) and their origin. In a previous post I was saying that I didn't care even if he was CAG, he could go piss up a rope. That is one of little nuances missing when typing something instead of saying it to someone. I wasn't implying he was ever in The Unit, just meant that even if he had been I still couldn't stand him.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Maybe commander of the support squadron? How’s that a maybe?

As was relayed to me. Milley was before his time. I’m just repeating the story. As far as the DS stuff, I can attest to that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Four Bronze Stars….
    Do you see a "V" there? No.
    Those Bronze Stars are the equivalent of participation trophy for officers and Sergeant Majors who were in an AR for 6 months. Not for something heroic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    No branch is stingier than the Marines. SS and BZ downgraded, people not getting a PH because they were injured by shrapnel and not blown up or shot, a CAR is next to impossible.

Officers in the army absolutely get a disproportionate amount of BS, and usually for non-combat-related work, too. Damndest thing I ever saw, a whole slew of FOBbit O's lining up for theirs at an awards ceremony.
    You ought to see the fruit salad on an Air Force E5 who mans the front desk at base billeting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Milley was a BN S-3 in DS. In 8th ID. In GERMANY. He went to Iraq for a month as a fill in when guys started moving back after the ceasefire was declared. My FIST had an altercation with him outside Nassiryah.

As for Bronze Stars in DS, I was put in for one with a V at 73 Easting. Made it up to Regiment and the Rgt commander downgraded to an ARCOM because “ Corporals don’t get Bronze Stars, Lieutenants do.” Then we returned to Germany and I listened to an E-7 from 1AD bragging about his Bronze Star for setting up a SATPHONE so guys (officers) could call momma from the Sandbox.

I believe you. I was put in for Legion of Merit. Got turned down because I "was not an officer".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Milley is a product of a slow slide to "Soft" by our Military.
    These guy's aren't born, they're developed by a system that rewards guy's who avoid responcability and are always there for the kudos. We know them, we served with them, remember, you had to tell him "All the Troops eat before we do Sir!"?
    I would like to think there is a solution, but I don't see one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Milley is a product of a slow slide to "Soft" by our Military.
    These guy's aren't born, they're developed by a system that rewards guy's who avoid responcability and are always there for the kudos. We know them, we served with them, remember, you had to tell him "All the Troops eat before we do Sir!"?
    I would like to think there is a solution, but I don't see one.
    Milley must've missed that memo.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456