Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Agents Raiding Mar-a-Lago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    According to her, none of the docs taken were actually still classified
    Unless he got them after his term ended, the President IS the classification authority.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Unless he got them after his term ended, the President IS the classification authority.
    I'm not totally clear how that works as a process. Does a sitting POTUS have the sole discretion to decide some highly classified doc, say nuclear launch codes, is no longer classified on a whim?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I’m really confused by the whole thing- and not because I think that Trump has done anything wrong.

Let’s just say that the eleven things that he had were super secret sauce type stuff- hard copies, locked in a room, in a building with security and surrounded by secret service…. What is the risk?

Espionage, and of course the Dems go to crime of ‘obstruction’. Let’s remember that a House Member said that REPS wanting to investigate the raid were guilty of obstruction…

11 documents represent what percent of Trump’s presidential documents? 0.000001%? Less?

If it goes to trial, Trump is going to be able to call Bush and Obama as defense witnesses based on the EOs about POTUS declassifying things with a literal wave of the hand.

So maybe the docs aren’t in the right place, but the doc cops were there recently and could have taken the docs. Or are they saying that these docs were in other places and were trying to be hidden. But that is a records violation.

Even if that weren’t secure? OK. But if Trump has declassified them, does that matter?

Where do you get espionage out of that and what is the obstruction charge about??

Of course, these are all happening too close to the Nov elections to be fully disposed of. And they know that Trump will be more than happy to grab the spotlight and keep it on him, rather than the elections and the failures of the dems.

Bizzarrooo.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not totally clear how that works as a process. Does a sitting POTUS have the sole discretion to decide some highly classified doc, say nuclear launch codes, is no longer classified on a whim?
    Yes. It is completely executive power, and all classification or declassification not done by the President is done by his delegation of that power.

Feedback Score

From what I understand yes. There are reports of Obama declassifying things during a meeting because he wanted someone with out clearance to give their opinion on them.

Also, the codes would be useless now. But I get what you mean. Could something about the process of Nuke defense be in there, and some how it regains classification because it is part of a process the re-news?

If this is all based on TS type markings, and them not being crossed out after Trump declassified them- that is a super weak case.

We really need the affidavit. I’d think that would help Trump’s case. He should have maybe fought for it’s release along with the inventory and search warrant.

If this is seriously the shot you are taking to take out a king…. They really have run out of things to accuse him of.

Let’s put it another way. What 11 documents could Trump have- that he could pawn off for foreign money or favor- that would warrant espionage charges. Like Rosen’s into gas chambers stuff? That is what the left is implying here. Does that make any sense?

What worries me is that this is such a blatant, and brazen political move that after the 2020 election, they have lost every filter and barrier to any kind of limit to their power grabbing. And the collectivist, corporatist, kleptocratic left thinks this is rational…. Considering their illegal reactions to Bruen and Dobbs, and now this hijacking of law enforcement - and how those are going to (or at least should) fail- what are they going to do next?

Trump and the GOP needs to seriously get out in front of the coming violence that the Deep State is trying to trigger with their UC agents.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Trump says it was all declassified and that the FBI could have had it all for the asking.

Former Trump administration official Kash Patel reportedly told Breitbart News that the president had already declassified materials that were at Mar-a-Lago. “I was there with President Trump when he said ‘We are declassifying this information,."

After the past six years of endless accusations and investigations resulting in nothing, I have every reason to believe Trump and no reason to believe Garland and crew.

Feedback Score
    So is this just another 'never mind' meant to distract us? I just don't get what their end game is here. Of course, anything can lead to an obstruction charge, and trying to spin up some 'domestic terrorism' is now a go-to move for them- but they have to know that this is a really weal case that will be hard to win.

Is the thought that they want to get it out there that if this were anyone else, they would be in trouble and that Trump is 'above the law'??? Is that juice worth the squeeze?

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretense to toss everything he has looking for anything is the obvious reason. Other possibilities off the top of my head:

Remove the spygate docs he declassified but that were mysteriously never released?

Jamb him up in court so he can’t focus on his campaign?

Brush back pitch for anyone who might work on his campaign?

Hang him for sedition?

Feedback Score
    End game? It's a never ending game until Trump is no longer in politics. For the past six years it's been all about smear in an effort to cast a shadow over Trump and all the negative political fallout that comes with it. The special prosecutor attack dogs knew there was no there, there. No one believed there would actually be a conviction in either Impeachment trial... on and on. Had Trump not been playing king maker and performing rallies there wouldn't have been a raid.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-13-22 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    ^ This

Trump is not team government.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast