Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt "Gold" extractor spring vs Sprinco 4 coil

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebolt View Post
    Does anyone have a good source where I can purchase 5 to 10 of these at a better price than purchasing one at a time?
    https://www.specializedarmament.com/...-colt-10-pack/

IMHO, price seems pretty good especially with extractor inserts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Interesting. Thank you. I'm not trying to find excuses for a poor QC, but it seems like a manufacturing defect to me rather than external influence like rust.

I've used Sprinco in multiple bolts - extractor and ejector springs. All performed fine. I think rust is less of an issue if you keep a rifle lubricated.
    I’m not claiming its rust that caused that. I don’t know what did. The rust that I have noted is on the action (buffer) springs, not extractor springs, that I know of.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From living in Florida, Arizona, New Mexico, New Jersey, and Montana...I've never had a Sprinco spring rust or fail in 10+ years with basic maintenance and lubrication in any season or environment. Not stay at home setups. My experience only.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123