Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92X light primer strike

Feedback Score

92X light primer strike

I just installed the LTT trigger job in a bag, and I am now getting light primer strikes. I get 1-2 every magazine, and have tried numerous brands (Winchester, Remington, Magtech, Geco, BPS), all with the same results. Should I up the hammer spring to 14 lbs, or do I need to look at something else?

NOTE: I did shoot one magazine of HST, no issues

Thanks, Jef

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What were you running? I never had issues with the 14# spring and light strikes. I would probably up it. I honestly don't mind running a D spring which I believe is 16#

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    It had a 16# kit from the factory, the trigger kit came with a 13# spring. It seems the 13# works for most guns, maybe just not mine.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRO View Post
    It had a 16# kit from the factory, the trigger kit came with a 13# spring. It seems the 13# works for most guns, maybe just not mine.
    I tried the 14 and 13 spring in mine, and the difference in pull weight was barely noticeable to me do I stuck with 14#. It never had a light strike with the 14.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    I installed a 14# WC spring & went to the range. Went thru a bunch of different range ammo, and still had numerous light primer strikes. I tried all the ammo in my other 9mm's (G19, G3c, Shield), all ate it up without any issues.

I don't think the issue is just the hammer spring weight, since so many others have success with 13 & 14# springs.

Any advice is appreciated, ty.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is there a firing pin blocking mechanism on this model? It's a long shot, but I had a different model of pistol that I messed with and caused the firing pin block to partially stop the firing pin.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Is there a firing pin blocking mechanism on this model? It's a long shot, but I had a different model of pistol that I messed with and caused the firing pin block to partially stop the firing pin.
    Yup, the 92X does have a firing pin block. It's on the slide, and theoretically should not be affected by replacing the hammer spring in the frame.

Like folks say, every firearm is different. I have never had an issue with my 92's running a 13# spring. But like all smart folks, you actually tested yours. The springs from Langdon have a polished surface on the ends, and seem to run a wee bit smoother.

Was the spring you used from Wilson Combat, or LTT?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Did it have light strikes with the factory hammer spring? Are the light strikes occurring on DA, SA, or both?

Have you reached out to Langdon? They are surely the best resource for a fix.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I did not have light strikes with the original spring. With the 13# 0r 14# spring I have had light strikes in SA & DA. I have installed the original 16# spring, hope to get to the range today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With a Beretta 92 I have never gone lighter than the factory D spring. I find this to be easy to manage but, I am using the standard rather heavy factory hammer. Possibly if you put a few thousand rounds through it will wear in and offer more reliable ignition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast