Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With some of the negativity about Dack Outdoors here, I thought I should wait until I received my second one before I posted again. Just like the first one, it took almost 30 days to receive it! I am not upset at all because the website states numerous places that it could take up to 30 days to get your order. They also state on their website that if you are in a hurry to receive an order, you would be better off looking elsewhere. Would I order from them again, probably not, unless I wanted another one and wasn’t in a big hurry to get one. These are kind of just experimental for me as I have other pistols with Holosuns on them. I wasn’t in a big hurry to get them and I saved at least $130 per unit over anywhere else I could find a new one. I am Farsighted, with my cheaters I can see the sights but not the target. Without my cheaters I can see the target but not the sights. The RDS’s are a game changer for me, and I am trying to outfit most of my pistols with them. Here's the first one. YMMV

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I continue to get a lot of time shooting the Pistol RDS set ups as an unbiased observer. I don't have a financial or emotional stake in the concept one way or another except to say that I do think the future is the RDS for sure.

I'm still firmly convinced that there HAS TO BE a painful realization that the mounting system needs to be BOTH standardized and completely RE-Designed. This fragile fastener approach is not acceptable.

I'm certain the sights themselves will naturally evolve into much more reliable versions, but the mounting has got to move past the American Mediocrity stage, and get to something WAY more robust. From there, the evolution of the sights themselves can move forward around a good mounting method.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is the RDS pistol only an advantage for an advanced shooter or suitable for a newer shooter as well?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Is the RDS pistol only an advantage for an advanced shooter or suitable for a newer shooter as well?
    I would say all shooters should see an advantage. However, if you don’t put the training in, you will not benefit. Just like irons.

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder if the increased ease of single plane focus for a newer shooter is offset by less recoil control and thus inability to find the dot.

Feedback Score
    I got the "used" Delta Micro and I don't think the guy even mounted it on a pistol. I think he held it up. tried to look through it and then sold it.

I am going to give it to a friend and will be mounting it on his glock tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I wonder if the increased ease of single plane focus for a newer shooter is offset by less recoil control and thus inability to find the dot.
    It emphasizes lack of fundamentals like grip. So it’s no better or worse for an experienced or new shooter: both can learn where they need to improve (a novice hopefully has a training setting for this).

Feedback Score
    If its for a complete newb to be able to use immediately, irons. If its a new shooter that is going to actually practice abd want to get proficient, i would jump straight to a dot.

Feedback Score
    So my non gun guy friend that I gave him the Delta micro, took to it like a duck to water. He had me put it on his Glock 26 since that is what he carries every day. Now he wants one for his Glock 17.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting better with my Beretta M92X and 507c after lots of practice.

Shooting yes, but lots and lots of draws and more presentations both two and one handed.

However, I am intrigued by this Leopold Delta micro and I've thought about putting an RDS on my M&P 2.0 .45 so I've ordered one for it.

The nice thing is I don't have to modify the gun and I can easily put the optic on an M&P 2.0 9mm Compact or Sheild because it fits all but Core and "EZ" models of these frames.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast