Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    All the guys I shoot with use Trijicon and rarely does anyone have issues.
    Rarely isn't good enough. My point it that there's NO WAY this is the pinnacle of pistol RDS. It will get GREAT.

There's a mixture of RDS models that I've seen. I have not dog in the fight so to speak. And no one I shoot with runs junk stuff. I don't have a list of which brands did what because I lose interest very quickly when the stuff doesn't work... I go shoot something else.

I don't know of any RDS runner who hasn't don't the diagnostic hunch over.

I use my rds as a charging handle and it's never (in the 7 years I've used rds) lost zero.
    I have physical reasons for doing that so I'm not sure if most people abuse their rds like I do or not.
    I'd expect an RDS to stand up to that. They make lightning fast charging action.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Glock MOS and FCD plate or ATEi milling if you really want that extra perfection. Both RM06 and Holosun 507s have been great for me for many years/over a year or two. Not that hard in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Glock MOS and FCD plate or ATEi milling if you really want that extra perfection. Both RM06 and Holosun 507s have been great for me for many years/over a year or two. Not that hard in 2022.

Bingo!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    One more option is available, Leupold Delta Micro. It is a great sight, it sits on my 2 carry Glocks. It also forces you to use good techniques and it will improve your shooting.

I have a Holosun 509T, it is great and I was very anti Holosun due to being made in China. But it is a great product.

I was one of the first to mount a red dot on a handgun way back in early spring of 2001, so I have been doing this a long time. Pistols of mine that can't use the Leupold Delta Micro will wear the 509T from Holosun. This of course doesn't count the pistols that currently wear a RMR.
    When I first saw the Leupold Delta Micro I thought it was some dorky shit, but seeing you enthusiastically endorse it in a few thread has me taking a second look at it. I'm curious what you think about how rugged it is, think it would survive doing a couple cartwheels on the asphalt and still keep chugging along or do you think it would kill it?

On the 509T...red or green?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Moving forward I'm torn between this or either Agency Arms AOS or Unity ATOM
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    When I first saw the Leupold Delta Micro I thought it was some dorky shit, but seeing you enthusiastically endorse it in a few thread has me taking a second look at it. I'm curious what you think about how rugged it is, think it would survive doing a couple cartwheels on the asphalt and still keep chugging along or do you think it would kill it?

On the 509T...red or green?
    Sage Dynamics beat up a Leupold Delta Micro and it kept going.

It has it's own learning curve, but I love them.

509T I have them in red and green, I like the green better

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    Ease of installation makes that interesting. Small window kind of bothers me. Watching several videos/reviews on it now.
    Don’t worry about window size. If the dot isn’t in the window, your irons wouldn’t be on target either.

One thing red dot sights immediately did for me was to show me how sloppy my draw was. A lot of dry fire solved that problem.

https://rumble.com/v1f0eq9-after-aug...the-timer.html

I posted this in another thread. There’s just a learning curve with dots. A good learning curve. Shooting red dots for the past 9 years made me a better iron sight shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Rarely isn't good enough. My point it that there's NO WAY this is the pinnacle of pistol RDS. It will get GREAT.

There's a mixture of RDS models that I've seen. I have not dog in the fight so to speak. And no one I shoot with runs junk stuff. I don't have a list of which brands did what because I lose interest very quickly when the stuff doesn't work... I go shoot something else.

I don't know of any RDS runner who hasn't don't the diagnostic hunch over.

I'd expect an RDS to stand up to that. They make lightning fast charging action.
    Since 2013 I’ve trashed 5 RMRs. Trijicon replaced them for free or at a very acceptable cost. All Type 1s. No I didn’t abuse them, I just use my stuff. Since They were replaced with Type 2s I haven’t had any problems.

My gunsmith buddy related that I’m the only person he knows that killed RMRs….he knows I don’t abuse them. Then again, during the same time period, I wore through a factory connector on my G17. :laugh

Feedback Score
    I have 10s of thousands of rounds on rmr and sro. Never had an issue with either outside of a screw breaking on my MOS. I recommend a milled slide.

I change batteries every 12-18 months and use the auto brightness models.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-11-22 at 07:18.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Small window is not an issue, other than training issue. you dont really look through the glass, the dot sort of floats in front of your eyes.
    Remember the "Armson OEG"? Occluded Eye Gunsight.
    Worked surprisingly well for Fast/Coarse sight picture.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast