Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not an engineer. I just believe mounting should be as standardized and fool proof as an AR. The Staccato means the addition of some sort of mounting plate, which troubles me a little bit. But the gun I've shot quite a bit has been completely trouble free (as far as I can remember) both in mounting and dot reliability.
    They may all agree on a universal mounting approach to pistols, that then needs to be vetted as to reliability etc. Between those two things, that could be a long time. If you do feel some of the modern red dots worth having on a pistol, I'd say go for the milled route and be done.

I have gone to the range a few times and been doing daily dry fire work with the VP9, and so far so good on that score. It remains a range/test/HD oriented pistol for now.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    They are easy to carry unless you're wearing a banana hammock.
    There's the problem. I'm often seen with a plate carrier and a banana hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They may all agree on a universal mounting approach to pistols, that then needs to be vetted as to reliability etc. Between those two things, that could be a long time. If you do feel some of the modern red dots worth having on a pistol, I'd say go for the milled route and be done.

I have gone to the range a few times and been doing daily dry fire work with the VP9, and so far so good on that score. It remains a range/test/HD oriented pistol for now.
    The second I dump 3k on a staccato and an SRO, the mounting system from heaven will be released!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    There's the problem. I'm often seen with a plate carrier and a banana hammock.

The second I dump 3k on a staccato and an SRO, the mounting system from heaven will be released!!
    Then you buy another and sell the one you have if money is tight.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Then you buy another and sell the one you have if money is tight.
    I doubt we're THAT close to an evolution of the system. But it would be just my luck. Honestly, if I can duplicate Pappabear's Staccato set up, I'd be satisfied even if a better mousetrap came out the following month.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've CCed a full size gun since 2015 with an RMR, I now have a shield plus and 365 with RMRcc.
    They are easy to carry unless you're wearing a banana hammock.

ETA:
    All my slides have been milled by the same shop.
    I honestly can't tell the difference between carrying G19 or G43X with or without optics.

I can still nearly forget that I have the G43X/507K on me IWB.

For those being 'snagged', where / when on the overall process is it snagging? I really can't see it snagging on the initially draw out of the holster, can see it maybe on presentation but it depends on how / what you are doing with your shirt / cover garment (and what you are wearing). But I've not experience its with Glock 43X / 19 / 45s. I don't have any other optic equipped pistols aside from a Ruger MKII.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ………
    No doubt. Please hurry up and do that, for all our sakes.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve never had mine snag. I’m going to see if I can get it to just out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No doubt. Please hurry up and do that, for all our sakes.
    After the first of the year. I almost did it last week, but paid down some debt instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve never had mine snag. I’m going to see if I can get it to just out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not tight, not loose t-shirt. Cotton.

Let the shirt go too soon or don't get it up high enough and the optic can get caught on it on the way up & out.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Not tight, not loose t-shirt. Cotton.

Let the shirt go too soon or don't get it up high enough and the optic can get caught on it on the way up & out.
    Ya, and so can rear sights. Train more, an optic snagging in your shirt is the least of anyone’s issues with a modicum of training.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast