Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I mean on the pistol slides. Like a pic junior version or something glorious. Mounting the sight in the pic above did NOT inspire the greatest confidence in the world. I'd give it 75% of staying put/not coming loose.
    With a mount like this on a pistol slide, the 509T should not go anywhere. The optic sits in that pocket nice and snug. I believe that's what GeorgeIB was referring to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    509T on the left, ACRO P2 on the right P2's lug is more than 2x as tall.

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    509T on the left, ACRO P2 on the right P2's lug is more than 2x as tall.

Wow! That's a huge difference. I had no idea. Hopefully there will be a standard footprint in the future that's as sturdy as the ACRO appears to be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Steiner wisely chose the ACRO footprint for its MPS, thus ensuring existing 3rd party support. KS Highway Patrol selected it as its duty pistol red dot sight.

Holosun might deem itself big enough to do its own footprint, they may well be in a position to do so. There are now competent and honest shops that support Holosun, these plates seem to perform better.
    Last edited by Duffy; 05-19-23 at 14:17.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm still waiting to have an issue with either my direct mill or FCD mounting of RMR pattern dots. The internet says it'll happen, several thousand rounds so far has not forced it yet. Same with dots dying or breaking.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I love shooting a good dot on the right gun. No doubt about it. My gripes are durability and mounting. This gun should be good cuz it's large and has low recoil, so I'm hoping it wont come loose or break.
    I have only experienced one optic ever come off and that was mounted on a dove tail plate on an XDm Compact .40 (I warned him up front I did NOT like the set up…hard to argue with an 80 year old curmudgeon! LOL

I’ve shot a LOT of red dots mounted on different Glocks MOS mm and now my XDm Elite 10MM and none have ever came loose, let alone fly off. All are mounted on stock OEM plates except a G43X I had cut for the optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ACRO P2 (not P1, just P2) moving along the bore issue is something we've known but must be discreet about, as we're friends with Aimpoint USA and support them (they support us too), we'll be releasing the RLB (reinforced locking bar) for the P2 (also works for P1) next week. The issue exists not just for the plates we and Tangodown make, but elsewhere as well, including direct milled factory slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm still waiting to have an issue with either my direct mill or FCD mounting of RMR pattern dots. The internet says it'll happen, several thousand rounds so far has not forced it yet. Same with dots dying or breaking.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    With a mount like this on a pistol slide, the 509T should not go anywhere. The optic sits in that pocket nice and snug. I believe that's what GeorgeIB was referring to.
    That looks pretty good. If that could be standardized, it might be a winner. Eliminates the non-standardized fasteners and thread pitches in the slides.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Exactly. Thank you.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Interesting perspectives from the Other Jedi and Ben Stoeger

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast