Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Look; a monkey can place an slide in a vice mounted to say a saw house X yards from say a garage door that you made a mark on. Remove the sight change the battery, remount, adj the dot so its back on the dot you previously marked and there is your zero, 5 minutes max using anything most men already has available, or continue to be a whiner about how hard it is.
    FFS it really is that easy.

I live twenty miles from Trijicon and have bought rmr's since 2015 and their sights for numerous years before that, so virtue signaling, my ass. It's keeping people in my area/country working, sorry you don't think that is important.

If you want to support China with the millions of others folks, carry on. I haven't voluntarily been that guy for some time.

I mentioned your opportunity to be named as the next varient because that is current news, I thought that was obvious but on a forum/typed communication it isn't always, so that is my fault, I apologize.

Remember the holosun patent county is Chinese that has to pay the CCP, so your $300 actually does matter along with the other people willing to support them.

Oh BTW: not many people are running 2009 RMR's anymore, I sold the two gen one sights I had for the newer model.
    I couldn't care any less about solar panels, different colors, or whatever gimmick they get people to buy their product, my type 2 rmr's haven't failed me yet, so why would I support a shithole country over local people?

We can piss on each others leg all day, so I'm done here. I say don't support China, you disagree, but I guarantee you won't change my mind, nor will I change yours so on this subject, we are done.
    Can’t help but finding it funny when someone uses a Chinese product to get on a soapbox about not using Chinese products…

Feedback Score
    Red dot / RMR are definitely a great thing, with a learning curve. I've "killed" more than a few not up to speed ones on handguns 9mm and 22 L.R. then a few more on rifles. I think the reverse impact of bolt / slide closing killed them since it compares with a springer airgun recoil stroke.
    I'm in total agreement with starting with pistol from mfg. ready for the RMR or with it already. If I wouldn't take it in shorts, I would sell off my G19 RTF's to get 19MOS or 19X.
    Just don't "cheap out" buy once cry once really on this. IMHO.

On Holosun optics I've had one in seven to fail as a partial failure. The reticle was similar to EOTec the lower quadrant went. It's being replaced under warranty. Go figure the EOTech 552 that failed was warranty for 1/2 price of a replacement one. Of the others the warranty was trash can then buy over.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Teach Me About Pistol Red Dots

Look; a monkey can place an slide in a vice mounted to say a saw house X yards from say a garage door that you made a mark on. Remove the sight change the battery, remount, adj the dot so its back on the dot you previously marked and there is your zero, 5 minutes max using anything most men already has available, or continue to be a whiner about how hard it is.
    FFS it really is that easy.

I live twenty miles from Trijicon and have bought rmr's since 2015 and their sights for numerous years before that, so virtue signaling, my ass. It's keeping people in my area/country working, sorry you don't think that is important.

If you want to support China with the millions of others folks, carry on. I haven't voluntarily been that guy for some time.

I mentioned your opportunity to be named as the next varient because that is current news, I thought that was obvious but on a forum/typed communication it isn't always, so that is my fault, I apologize.

Remember the holosun patent county is Chinese that has to pay the CCP, so your $300 actually does matter along with the other people willing to support them.

Oh BTW: not many people are running 2009 RMR's anymore, I sold the two gen one sights I had for the newer model.
    I couldn't care any less about solar panels, different colors, or whatever gimmick they get people to buy their product, my type 2 rmr's haven't failed me yet, so why would I support a shithole country over local people?

We can piss on each others leg all day, so I'm done here. I say don't support China, you disagree, but I guarantee you won't change my mind, nor will I change yours so on this subject, we are done.
    Yeah ok, sure your house isn’t loaded with Chinese made shit. Zero’d means live rounds to me, period. As easy as you claim that shit is, it’s even easier to not have to worry about it because the future is now old man. Call shit gimmick all you want, better is better.

BTW, my RMR is a Gen 1 because I hate the auto adjust on the Type 2.

Sorry I didn’t know you have all the knowledge and/or a completely closed mind. I’ll put you on my ignore list since you’re so smart you can’t be convinced that anything else is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-11-22 at 21:05.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    BTW, my RMR is a Gen 1 because I hate the auto adjust on the Type 2.
    Not all Type 2 RMRs are auto adjust.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Sage Dynamics beat up a Leupold Delta Micro and it kept going.

It has it's own learning curve, but I love them.

509T I have them in red and green, I like the green better
    Thanks for the info.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not all Type 2 RMRs are auto adjust.
    To his defense, I believe that all the manual adj models revert to auto adj after a set time.
    I use the type 2 rm06 this model switch's to auto 16 hours after a manual adj is not made (the buttons are not touched) after 16 hours they figure the gun isn't being used so it goes to auto to conserve battery usage.

To me this is a battery savings option. The only time I've needed to manually adj is at night/in dark situations.
    Last edited by .45fan; 08-12-22 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    MADE IN THE USA

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG, VCOG, RMR, RMRcc SRO, MRO, Iron Sights, MGRS, CCAS, Thermal Optics, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.
    https://www.trijicon.com/our-story/about-trijicon

For those finding things funny.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about the device you’re using to post this?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Made up my mind to try the deltapoint micro. Even have it in my amazon shopping cart, $360. Almost pushed buy but I had to get my dog to the vet.

Took my Lab Gunner to the vet and hematoma ear surgery is going to cost $475 so now in a holding pattern.

Maybe I don't need it so bad after all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    What about the device you’re using to post this?
    Funny you say that. I have pics on my phone of the phone box from the last know it all that said that.

Samsung pulled out of China and stopped using their parts for that short time.

A basic search shows this shit for those that at least try to avoid China.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast