Thread: Arm or Ally Toolcraft BCG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Arm or Ally Toolcraft BCG

I picked up two of these Toolcraft BCG’s as spares for only $72 each.

They are surprisingly well made for that price point.

BCG1:

Marked C158 / MPI
    Finish Nitride, very smooth
    FP Protrusion .0325 - Passed
    Shoulder Support Y2 - OK
    Gas Ring Y1 - OK
    Bolt tail G2 - Good
    Staking - Good
    30# reverse torque test - Passed
    Carrier Key opening - In Spec
    Extractor Spring - Good
    Ejector Spring - Excellent
    Came with Crane O-Ring (removed)
    No YFS Key fasteners - Pass

BCG2:

Marked C158 / MPI
    Finish Nitride, very smooth
    FP Protrusion .0290 - Passed
    Shoulder Support G1 - Excellent
    Gas Ring G2 - Good
    Bolt tail G2 - Good
    Staking - OK, re-staked with MOAKS
    30# reverse torque test - Passed
    Carrier Key opening - In Spec
    Extractor Spring - Good
    Ejector Spring - Good
    Came with Crane O-Ring (removed)
    No YFS Key fasteners - Pass

Very pleased with the product and super fast shipping from Arm or Ally whom I’ve never bought from previously.

Last edited by HKGuns; 08-11-22 at 12:54.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Based on the comments in some nitride discussions here recently and how some of the treatment companies handle it, I steer clear of anything nitride if there's a mil spec finish option.

Are the keys and carriers chrome lined? I've never seen a nitride carrier in person or know if the nitride takes the place of the chroming like NP3.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Are the keys and carriers chrome lined?
    The keys do not have a silver lining. They appear to have the same shiny Nitride finish inside.

I bought them on price and because I don’t have much experience with Toolcraft bolts, which are usually thought of as gtg by most here.

Feedback Score
    Right To Bear Arms has the AO Precision overruns back in stock:

https://www.righttobear.com/gov-over...black-nitride/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Based on the comments in some nitride discussions here recently and how some of the treatment companies handle it, I steer clear of anything nitride if there's a mil spec finish option.

Are the keys and carriers chrome lined? I've never seen a nitride carrier in person or know if the nitride takes the place of the chroming like NP3.
    Sometime I think nitride gets an undeserved bad rap. Plenty of the same folks who swear at the idea of any nitride AR part run Glocks.

None of the nitride BCGs that have passed through my household showed a chrome lining and it would make sense that the nitride takes the place of the chrome.

The nitride BCGs I have used were super easy to clean because they were smooth/slick but they also don't hold lube like the parkerized parts.

Interestingly, Arm or Ally has Toolcraft bolts for sale. Folks in the know told us that Toolcraft did not make bolts, apparently they do now https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolcraft-ar15-bolt-kit/

I have been satisfied with past orders from Arm or Ally as well, fast and problem free.

Andy

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve used ToolCraft Nitride BCGs for quite a while.
    I’ve always changed out extractor spring with Sprinco or Colt as I had extractions issues once.
    Zero issues in several K rds now.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Toolcraft is GTG. They also make many companies BCGs and rebrand them for them. Kind of like the modern day version of Continental Machine and Tool (CMT).
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston