Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Possible full milspec Colts up for grabs on Armsunlimited

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,539
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Possible full milspec Colts up for grabs on Armsunlimited

    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...e6920socom.htm

    Got this in my email today. They don't come right out and say it, but it sounds like these may be full milspec barrels and bolts. Kind of sucks that they pinned the flash hider, but that's easy enough to remedy. Not such a bad deal either, considering the roll mark and the included rails and sights.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,378
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...e6920socom.htm

    Got this in my email today. They don't come right out and say it, but it sounds like these may be full milspec barrels and bolts. Kind of sucks that they pinned the flash hider, but that's easy enough to remedy. Not such a bad deal either, considering the roll mark and the included rails and sights.
    They have these from time to time, very good buy IMO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,539
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    They have these from time to time, very good buy IMO.
    I think it could be. It sounds like the barrel is definitely real, and hopefully the BCG is, too. I would love to get one in hand and inspect all the markings but I've got too many as it is. By the time I wear them all out they'll probably have directed energy weapons or something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    A friend of mine has one of these, and comparing it to an m4a1 at work, they look like, and are marked the same as an issue rifle. Except for mine that has a diemaco upper receiver.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,539
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    A friend of mine has one of these, and comparing it to an m4a1 at work, they look like, and are marked the same as an issue rifle. Except for mine that has a diemaco upper receiver.
    Is it the C stamp on the carrier and extractor, or the newer dot matrix cage code markings?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Is it the C stamp on the carrier and extractor, or the newer dot matrix cage code markings?
    IIRC it had the C markings on the carrier.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can’t help but notice the serial number prefix in the pictures is “CR” which as I understand it stands for “civilian rifle”

    Idk what if any difference this makes. It’s not the LE prefix though

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    5,030
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I can’t help but notice the serial number prefix in the pictures is “CR” which as I understand it stands for “civilian rifle”

    Idk what if any difference this makes. It’s not the LE prefix though
    There seems to be a lot of inconsistency, as others have reported. I have a CR prefix rifle or two, and the boxes were advertised as LExxxx models, and purchased theough a LE distributor. The guts of them match the standards of quality and markings that I would expect on a .mil rifle with the exception of sear blocks and semi triggers.

    I’ve read here about CRs not living up, but in my small sample they seem fine. My CR (or two) were bought post-COVID.

    Edit: also have a buddy that bought a CR6920 last year. It works, and is assembled and marked correctly.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-15-22 at 13:45.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,280
    Feedback Score
    0
    Damn, that's right around what I paid in 2018 from G&R.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    Oh, and screw China!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    966
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't think the CR prefix makes a difference. Just like the old SP models, different prefix, same gun as the LE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •