Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible full milspec Colts up for grabs on Armsunlimited

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaWardawg View Post
    They actually just swapped a new complete upper . It wasn’t the front sight post. It shot extreme left. Nice groups. But I had the matech buis almost maxed out to the right to get it to hit center. I was thinking the same thing about the front sight housing. I placed an Acog on it and it’s zero was the same way. I’m thinking the receiver face might have been out of square . Or lastly the barrel bent . It’s perfect now. I never touched or moved the sight when I got it back. It’s a different upper and barrel. I marked them before shipping it back. It was a keyhole upper. Now it’s a square. Cheers WarDawg
    Smart!

It happens from time to time. Even batches delivered to the DoD have lemons in them. Good that they took care of it and all is well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Are the remarks about the trigger group literal or something more, i.e. the trigger, disconnector, and hammer are obviously not FA but aren't they made with the same components (metallurgy, hardening included) as the mil-spec ones? Not being sarcastic at all, I'm genuinely interested. We all know what happens when you "ass-u-me" (courtesy of Ft. Benning, circa 1983) so I don't want to read too much into what you said or didn't say.
    Its hard to really give a 100% answer on that, at least it is for me. The parts are different by way of functionality, the disconnector tail isn't as long, there is no burst cam or full auto cam, the hammer doesn't have the extended piece etc. To the best of my knowledge, those parts are made by another company and that company makes the FCG for both sides of the Colt product line. They should be the same from a hardness and metals point of view, but we would need to make sure we are talking about the ones made for Colt. There are other companies that buy some parts in a LPK from some suppliers, and other parts from other suppliers. When you are buying a 10"x10"x10" box of triggers, another of hammers, etc.... you can go cheaper by buying cheap springs or other parts and assume people won't notice.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its hard to really give a 100% answer on that, at least it is for me. The parts are different by way of functionality, the disconnector tail isn't as long, there is no burst cam or full auto cam, the hammer doesn't have the extended piece etc. To the best of my knowledge, those parts are made by another company and that company makes the FCG for both sides of the Colt product line. They should be the same from a hardness and metals point of view, but we would need to make sure we are talking about the ones made for Colt. There are other companies that buy some parts in a LPK from some suppliers, and other parts from other suppliers. When you are buying a 10"x10"x10" box of triggers, another of hammers, etc.... you can go cheaper by buying cheap springs or other parts and assume people won't notice.
    My understanding is Colt of yesteryear used schmid tool trigger components and that is no longer the case.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    My understanding is Colt of yesteryear used schmid tool trigger components and that is no longer the case.
    They still use Schmid Tool FCG and safety parts. It’s a mixed bag, as some are assembled with Schmid Tool parts, others are not. There was a batch that had a recall on the FCG parts, that seemed to only be affected by the non Schmid Tool parts.

Feedback Score
    Schmid Tool & Manufacturing makes FCG parts for many places . . .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Schmid Tool & Manufacturing makes FCG parts for many places . . .
    of course they do, as do most manufacturers for MANY products not just firearms related. Off the top of my head they provide to SOLGW, BCM, Centurion Arms, Colt, and many more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123