Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    You can try a Wilson XL grip for a little more girth without getting into high priced metal frames. It feels much better to me than the Sig XL grip, but I haven’t shot one yet. I think with a pinky baseplate it might be just enough for a solid grip without the butt sticking out quite as much as the Macro.

That or I’ll have to hack up my Marco grip to take ban mags if I’m going to carry it.
    I'm currently using the Sig grip module with the more aggressive texture as a place holder for the XMacro upper assembly so that's not as much of a concern as it was before I got the XMacro pistol and did the Lego swap. I was told yesterday by Wilson Combat that their iteration of an XMacro grip module would not be out until after the first of the year.

Thanks,
    Keith

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    You can try a Wilson XL grip for a little more girth without getting into high priced metal frames. It feels much better to me than the Sig XL grip, but I haven’t shot one yet. I think with a pinky baseplate it might be just enough for a solid grip without the butt sticking out quite as much as the Macro.

That or I’ll have to hack up my Marco grip to take ban mags if I’m going to carry it.
    I run the Wilson module on a couple 365Xs and agree with this. The slight palm swell allows me a better grip, the OEM had a tendency to shift under recoil with virtually nothing touching but front strap and back strap.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had one sitting in the Brownells cart and didn’t pull the trigger, but I must try one.

PB

Feedback Score
    I’m not a huge fan of the P365 series. First and foremost because of the spontaneous discharge issues with the P320, even though I have not heard of any similar issues with the P365. It just gives me the creeps. I also feel there is a point where a micro 9 is so small that durability and lifespan become insufficient. I’m still waiting to see what kind of round counts these things make it to before major parts break.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Saw a review on the Wilson and a guy who actually shot it said that it had a sharp edge on the backstrap and it created a problem.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comm2679 View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of the P365 series. First and foremost because of the spontaneous discharge issues with the P320, even though I have not heard of any similar issues with the P365. It just gives me the creeps. I also feel there is a point where a micro 9 is so small that durability and lifespan become insufficient. I’m still waiting to see what kind of round counts these things make it to before major parts break.
    The 320 and the 365 are quite different internally. I think they learned lessons on the p320 and made improvements on the 365.

As far as longevity, I have seen reviews of people with 50k+ guns. The slide rails on the fcu are quite beefy compared to what is found on many polymer duty size guns. If a slide or barrel wears out, they are pretty cheap compare with the cost of the ammo it would take to wear them out.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    I have a Wilson grip module and have not noticed any issue.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Saw a review on the Wilson and a guy who actually shot it said that it had a sharp edge on the backstrap and it created a problem.
    No sharp edge on my two or a friends.
    A pic to illustrate alleged issue would be helpful.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    No issues AT ALL with this setup:

Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-01-22 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does that PMM comp fit in an XL holster?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast