Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have found my comp'd G43X to recoil similarly to a G48. Same with my comp'd 365X vs an XL.

The Macro's comp, I'd have to imagine, is a gimmick. I think the XL slide on the Macro frame is probably the better combo.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    The Macro's comp, I'd have to imagine, is a gimmick. I think the XL slide on the Macro frame is probably the better combo.
    With my Wilson Combat XL grip, I swapped XL and Macro Comp uppers and shot back-to-back on a plate rack. Both my shooting partner and I felt a difference with the 115gr American Eagle we were shooting. It was easier to recover from recoil or I didn’t have to muscle the gun as much. Is it 10%? 15%? I dunno.

Feedback Score
    I'll bump this. I was looking for others experiences and finally jumped on it.

I picked up one for my girlfriend yesterday and we shot around 250 rounds through it (124 Grain Blazer) 2 FTEs in the first mag but nothing after that.

I had bought a Holosun EPS Carry and TLR 7 sub in advance. As the kids say, this thing slaps. I want to get one for myself now. When we rented one, it was irons only and not as enjoyable. The weight of the dot probably helps with slide velocity and the light might add enough mass to tame the recoil.

As far as the comp, I don't know how much of a difference it makes, I'd really like to shoot it side by side with the Tacops model, which is the same gun with no comp, 4 inch barrel, magwell and 4 mags for $100 less.

We were shooting my G19 and noticed that it had considerable less blast than the 365 X Macro. So I think the comp does something, but I'm sure the efficacy could be argued. Especially since I am comparing a 4 inch Glock to a 3 inch Sig.

I'd need to get a timer but for me, it feels like it shoots 95% as well as the G19 in a much slimmer package. At 5 yards the difference was negligible.

We're gonna see what the longevity of this gun is but the performance is excellent. The trigger is a little spongey but I am so ingrained in Glock I might be jaded. Plus in live fire the trigger felt much better than dryfire. The mags are expensive. Other than that, it is a great gun and I look forward to getting more reps in and testing the durability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I'll bump this. I was looking for others experiences and finally jumped on it.

I picked up one for my girlfriend yesterday and we shot around 250 rounds through it (124 Grain Blazer) 2 FTEs in the first mag but nothing after that.

I had bought a Holosun EPS Carry and TLR 7 sub in advance. As the kids say, this thing slaps. I want to get one for myself now. When we rented one, it was irons only and not as enjoyable. The weight of the dot probably helps with slide velocity and the light might add enough mass to tame the recoil.

As far as the comp, I don't know how much of a difference it makes, I'd really like to shoot it side by side with the Tacops model, which is the same gun with no comp, 4 inch barrel, magwell and 4 mags for $100 less.

We were shooting my G19 and noticed that it had considerable less blast than the 365 X Macro. So I think the comp does something, but I'm sure the efficacy could be argued. Especially since I am comparing a 4 inch Glock to a 3 inch Sig.

I'd need to get a timer but for me, it feels like it shoots 95% as well as the G19 in a much slimmer package. At 5 yards the difference was negligible.

We're gonna see what the longevity of this gun is but the performance is excellent. The trigger is a little spongey but I am so ingrained in Glock I might be jaded. Plus in live fire the trigger felt much better than dryfire. The mags are expensive. Other than that, it is a great gun and I look forward to getting more reps in and testing the durability.
    Get the Tacops model. I built one using an XL slide and the Macro grip. Firing it side by side with an identically configured X Macro (EPS Carry, TLR-7a) was indistinguishable.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Get the Tacops model. I built one using an XL slide and the Macro grip. Firing it side by side with an identically configured X Macro (EPS Carry, TLR-7a) was indistinguishable.
    That's an easy sell. We'll see if I end up with one or just suck it up and keep carrying my G19 and 442

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I am waiting for the Wilson xmacro grip module to come out to put on my XL slide.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I am waiting for the Wilson xmacro grip module to come out to put on my XL slide.
    Brother, I've been waiting for a year... It feels like at least. Thank God they're at least talking about making one now. Though, they didn't say they ARE making one, just to be patient, and that they WILL make one... *sigh*

ETA: I wish MecGar would make some mags for the Macro... Paying 60 bucks a piece for them is nuts.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-01-23 at 13:57.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Lanbos had mags for $45 each plus $14 shipping as the cheapest option.

Anyone try any of the aftermarket mag extensions?

Feedback Score
    I picked up the tacops model with 507k. It has replaced my elderly G19 for good for edc. Great pistol.

Only one minor annoyance has been the grip texture being slightly irritating to bare skin, fixed with an undershirt barrier.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910