Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Does that PMM comp fit in an XL holster?
    Yes, it is XL sized.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The standard P365 slide (P365X) with the PMM barrel/comp= XL slide.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comm2679 View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of the P365 series. First and foremost because of the spontaneous discharge issues with the P320, even though I have not heard of any similar issues with the P365. It just gives me the creeps. I also feel there is a point where a micro 9 is so small that durability and lifespan become insufficient. I’m still waiting to see what kind of round counts these things make it to before major parts break.
    The 320 isn't spontaneously discharging. Something is pulling the trigger.

Feedback Score
    I am a SIG fan boy. I have owned a bunch of them since the mid 90s and have had no problem selling them if I didn't like them. I got a 365 when they first came out and I loved and still love it. It is stock except for the WC grip which I prefer. I got that grip after I got one for my 320 X compact. When the Macro came out, I waited a little and then got one. I immediately liked it. I thought it might take over the winter carry duties that the 320 then had. I found it to be everything the 320 was but lighter and slimmer. The 320 has a R1 so I ended up getting a Holosun 507K green dot for the Macro. Then I really fell in love with the Macro. On an active SIG forum that I am on, folks said they thought the comp was not the way to go and many had the opinion that the XL slide on the Macro would be better. I found a reasonably priced XL and I bought it. I swapped the uppers to test out the theory that the XL slide would work better because it was longer with a longer sight radius. In my experiments over a number of range visits I decided that I was just as accurate with the Macro slide at all ranges. I also found that I had quicker followup shots with the comped slide. The original Macro has taken over my winter carry duties or when I wear a cover garment (I prefer to carry OWB or pocket) . Can't wait for a Macro grip from WC!! I carry the original 365 when it is warm or if I (cargo) pocket carry. This is what my experience has been, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I’ve seen where many people online say they have had accuracy issues with the Macro. I don’t care for the Macro’s short 3.1” barrel, I would rather have the longer XL barrel with no accuracy issues and the better ballistics.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have found the 365x to be the sweet spot for me. I was about ready to sell my xl when they announced the MACRO, so I decided to hang onto it and buy a macro grip module and mags when they were available.

When that day arrived and threw my money down. Initially I was really impressed. I do enjoy shooting it more then the other 365 variants. I thought it would end up replacing my long trusted G19. The more time I spent with it though, the more I realized that I was faster and more accurate with the G19. I also found that for me, it offered no concealability advantage over the 19. Sure it's slightly thinner (not a big deal to me), but it is also taller.

So I sold my module and mags, and parted out my p365 xl. In the end, my love of the p365 begins and ends with its "micro" size. I don't like thin guns, but I can deal with it when it gets me into the pocket carry zone. I also found a thin gun with a tiny RDO is a horrible combination for me.

Just another example of how people are different and there is no one gun solution for everyone.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I like to get a full grip on all my pistols and am willing to give up a little concealability to get that and also have more rds. I don’t care to have my little finger hanging half on and half off the bottom of the grip, and if I have to use a little finger mag extender or mag extension, I would rather just use a larger grip frame.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I like to get a full grip on all my pistols and am willing to give up a little concealability to get that and also have more rds. I don’t care to have my little finger hanging half on and half off the bottom of the grip, and if I have to use a little finger mag extender or mag extension, I would rather just use a larger grip frame.
    Yup.

That's a problem for me with a bunch of guns. Glock 36, Shields, and others. Especially non-1911 style .45's.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I like to be discrete as reasonably possible when carrying but for approximately a .250" longer grip, I will take a full grip and 5 extra rds all day long, and nobody at Walmart or anywhere else will even know or care. The beauty of the Sig P365 FCU pistols are if you really need more concealment, a smaller grip frame is only around $85. and around a 5 minute grip frame change away.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-25-23 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Yes for most pistols. For example the S&W Shield would be a great smaller pistol if they made a version where the grip was for the longer mag without the stupid spacer moving around.

The Marco isn’t so clear for me. It would take a pretty small finger extension for the XL to be a full grip, while the heel of the Marco is quite a bit longer than that. The heel is also the most likely limit on concealability for the Macro.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast