Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The P365 XL is surprisingly easy to shoot well for such a light, slim smallish gun. At 15 Yards I can match my mid size guns. My hands aren't small and I need a GFA on a Glock to avoid slide bite.

I AM interested in 17 round mags when they come out for the XL - if someone does the base right. The 15s are just too long to mean anything.

I do think the macro is useful to the AIWB craze and the recontoured grip MAY prove good, but nothing yet compelling to me. Its a large footprint micro...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 365X and I noticed with the 12 round mags, they are a little harder to drop free for me without changing my hand position, the 15 Round mags with the extension work for me, but I haven practiced enough going from 12 on the concealed gun vs The 15 rounder. I have TLR7A sub and a Holosun 407X on my gun.

The Macro pushes the concealment of the gun out a bit due to grip size unless you are carrying appendix in my opinion.

Feedback Score

EPS

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Yes, they are visible and usable enough through the EPS carry optic *for me*, but I would not want them any lower in the window.
    I have a hex wasp mounted now maybe see a 1/4 of front sight. Is the EPS carry better? Are the irons more visible? Can you post a pic?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bushmasta View Post
    I have a hex wasp mounted now maybe see a 1/4 of front sight. Is the EPS carry better? Are the irons more visible? Can you post a pic?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, seems about 50%?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I thought the macro had a larger, slightly wider grip, not just longer for more capacity?
    This is definitely true, after holding both side by side. Also the safety won’t fit the frame width of the Macro. The Marco fills my hands more than a P365X or G43X.

I have XL hands without extra long fingers. The Macro is a great fit, it doesn’t twist like the G43X does sometimes under recoil. Way easier to really lock in on the grip and get close to full size control without the work of other micro 9’s I’ve shot. Recoil is more than full sized but not at all harsh or snappy to me, probably the comp keeping the front down somewhat. It feels pretty flat in recoil but not nearly as much as videos of full sized guns with gamer comps. It did run fairly weak 115gr without any hint of a problem. No playing with RSA springs and ejection was strong even with a purposefully loose grip.

My new Marco fits in one of my G43X holsters well enough to test concealment. I can’t see any difference vs my G43X on me.

As for ultimate speed and control, I’m too out of practice to say for sure. Probably at 90 percent of my G17 on the first time shooting it. I expect a lot of dry fire and a few more range trips will close the gap some more.

Shoots more like a full sized, conceals more like a micro. It’s the slim G19 I’ve always wanted.

Feedback Score
    I recent years people were screaming about Glock not making a single stack g19 and how it would be the best selling pocket rocket and now sig has one that’s almost that but it has better grip angle and higher capacity and now people say nope not for me. I love my 365 as well but the macro practically disappears and to me longer slides ride in aiwb holsters better and don’t dig. Everyone has their needs and wants but this thing fills every role I need and then some. Great gun

Feedback Score
    I picked one up last week. Mine has been 100% reliable and accurate with around 400 rds of FMJ (mostly 124gr) and the FMJ HP (147 gr HST and 124gr +P Gold dot) ammo I have run through it. With the modular nature of the P365 series pistols most people can find the barrel size, grip size, mag capacity, comped or non-comped pistol, optics ready, interchangeable backstrap inserts, manual safety option, that satisfies most all their pistol needs. I am a die hard Glock/ Shadow Systems fan but I am also on the Sig P365 / MACRO train.

Amen. I have two edc pistols as I carried a g48 at work due to needing slicker profile and walking 10 miles a day at work and bending and all that. Then in my off time I’ve carried the mr920 with a rmr due to preferring a red dot and higher capacity plus a better grip angle for me. Now with the macro with a 507k and 17 rounds it has truly became my one and only edc pistol. It shoots about as easy as my shadows and is much easier to carry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I recent years people were screaming about Glock not making a single stack g19 and how it would be the best selling pocket rocket and now sig has one that’s almost that but it has better grip angle and higher capacity and now people say nope not for me. I love my 365 as well but the macro practically disappears and to me longer slides ride in aiwb holsters better and don’t dig. Everyone has their needs and wants but this thing fills every role I need and then some. Great gun
    Um, wut? Ever heard of punctuation?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have there been any unexpected discharges reported with the P365, like the P320?
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast